Versioning library for relational data
A library built on top of the SQLAlchemy ORM for versioning row changes to relational SQL tables.
$ pip install versionalchemy
import sqlalchemy as sa from sqlalchemy import create_engine from sqlalchemy.ext.declarative import declarative_base from sqlalchemy.schema import UniqueConstraint import versionalchemy as va from versionalchemy.models import VAModelMixin, VALogMixin MY_SQL_URL = '<insert mysql url here>' engine = create_engine(MY_SQL_URL) Base = declarative_base(bind=engine) class Example(Base, VAModelMixin): __tablename__ = 'example' va_version_columns = ['id'] id = sa.Column(sa.Integer, primary_key=True) value = sa.Column(sa.String(128)) class ExampleArchive(Base, VALogMixin): __tablename__ = 'example_archive' __table_args__ = ( UniqueConstraint('id', 'va_version'), ) id = sa.Column(sa.Integer) user_id = sa.Column(sa.Integer) va.init() # Only call this once Example.register(ExampleArchive, engine) # Call this once per engine, AFTER va.init
We used benchmark.py to benchmark the performance of versionalchemy. It times the performance of the SQLAlchemy core, ORM without VersionAclehmy and ORM with VersionAlchemy for n inserts (where n was variable). Some results are below.
|n||Core Time||ORM Time||VA Time|
|10000||9.81 s||16.04 s||36.13|
|100000||98.78 s||158.87 s||350.84 s|
VersionAlchemy performs roughly 2 times as bad as the ORM, which makes sense as we are doing roughly one additional insert per orm insert into the archive table.
- Make sure you have pip and virtualenv on your dev machine
- Fork the repository and make the desired changes
- Run make install to install all required dependencies
- Run make lint tests to ensure the code is pep8 compliant and all tests pass. Note that the tests require 100% branch coverage to be considered passing
- Open a pull request with a detailed explaination of the bug or feature
- Respond to any comments. The PR will be merged if the travis CI build passes and the code changes are deemed sufficient by the admin
- Follow PEP8 with a line length of 100 characters
- Prefer parenthesis to \ for line breaks
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size versionalchemy-1.0.0.tar.gz (14.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|