Wrap commands in throwaway virtual machines
- vido is a sudo-like command wrapper. Commands run inside a new
kernel, with passthrough access to the filesystem, whitelisted devices, and (if enabled) the network.
The main uses are:
- Experimentation. Make small changes to the kernel and test them immediately.
- Privilege elevation. Commands run as root even if you don’t have root privileges in the first place.
- Regression testing. Run the same command against multiple kernels.
- Kernel debugging. The –gdb flag will run the virtual kernel inside a debugger.
See github.com/g2p/vido for installation and usage instructions.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vido-0.3.2.tar.gz (5.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|