Turns your mobile or tablet into a touchpad for your computer.
This application allows you to use a mobile phone or tablet as a touchpad for your computer.
No software needs to be installed on the device.
How does it work?
A simple HTTP server is started on the computer, and the device connects by simply opening a URL in a browser.
To manually start the HTTP server, run the following command:
python -m virtualtouchpad
This will start an HTTP server. It will print the line
Starting server http://<computer name>:<port>/…
Open this URL on your device to start controlling your computer.
v0.11 - Translations
- VirtualTouchpad can now be translated into other languages
- Added Swedish translation
v0.10 - Systray on Windows
- Added systray icon for Windows
v0.9.2 - Fixed building on Windows
- Virtual Touchpad now supports zip-safe again
- The build script does not fail if ImageMagick convert is not the first convert on the path
v0.9.1 - Fixed systray window on Linux
- The systray window is no longer mapped on Linux
v0.9 - Systray on Linux
- Added systray icon for Linux
v0.8 - Configure sensitivity
- The sensitivity and acceleration of the trackpad is now configurable
- Clicking is now easier and allows the finger to move slightly across the screen
v0.7 - Run from single file
- Virtual Touchpad can now be run from a zipped egg
- Py2exe is now supported to pack Virtual Touchpad into a single exe file on Windows
v0.6 - Windows support
- It is now possible to run virtual-touchpad on Windows
v0.5 - Installation possible
- Corrected snapping of bottom tool bar
- Corrected bugs in setup script that prevented virtual-touchpad from being installed
v0.4 - Basic help
- Made scrolling a lot smoother
- Added basic FAQ
v0.3 - Extended user interface
- Added support for drag-and-drop
- Added a bottom toolbar with a fullscreen button
- Increased size of message box text
v0.2 - Initial release
- Basic touchpad support, with hard-coded sensitivity and acceleration
- Basic offline support using AppCache