PDF exports from Plone sites
Support for configurable exports of single-page and structured documents (built from folders and documents) from a Plone site.
The configuration of exports is implemented using “export profiles” which allow to specify several types for TOCs as well.
Those export profiles live in a relational database; there is no support for configuration of database name prefixes yet (thus, currently you’d want to create your own fork, to implement such configuration - pull requests welcome - or simply use your own schema and table names).
We use PostgreSQL and have no idea whether or not our product will work with other databases …
The purpose of this package (for now) is not to provide new functionality but to factor out existing functionality from an existing monolitic Zope product. Thus, it is more likely to lose functionality during further development (as parts of it will be forked out into their own packages, or some functionality may even become obsolete because there are better alternatives in standard Plone components).
- Talks to a PDFReactor server (currently version 7 which is quite outdated meanwhile)
- Export profiles, which allow to configure:
- TOCs (based on HTML hN elements, filterable by classes; default)
- lists of images
This add-on can be seen in action at the following sites:
Well, it can’t be exactly seen, because the functionality is for privileged users only …
Sorry, we don’t have real user documentation yet.
Install visaplan.plone.pdfexport by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = visaplan.plone.pdfexport
and then running bin/buildout
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/visaplan/visaplan.plone.pdfexport/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/visaplan/visaplan.plone.pdfexport
If you are having issues, please let us know; please use the issue tracker mentioned above.
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Tobias Herp, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial release. [tobiasherp]