Tools for creating virtual machine images
vmakedk provides command-line tools for creating VMDK images backed by sparse files based on a user supplied layout described with JSON.
In most cases, it runs as root and performs the following:
- Create sparse files to provide the backing store for each VMDK
- Generate VMDK descriptior files for all disks
- Create filesystems (mkfs) with labels for each disk
- Attach free loopback devices (/dev/loopN) to each disk image
- Mount all devices in a sandbox/chroot environment
It can also output an appropriate /etc/fstab for the same layout.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vmakedk-0.2.1.tar.gz (7.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|