A student online information and registration portal
What is WAeUP.Kofa ?
Kofa, which means ‘entrance’ or ‘portal’ in Hausa language, is a multifunctional Student Management System and a Web Portal to provide transparent and comprehensive information about study progress. The system controls all kinds of application and student registration processes at large schools and universities in Nigeria.
Kofa is the flagship of the West African eUniversity Project (WAeUP). See http://www.waeup.org to learn more about WAeUP.
Installation instructions can be found in the User Documentation (docs folder in the file system).
- Add documents package.
- Do not compare ResultEntry objects but their attributes.
- Modify getWidgetsData so that we always get the same error format.
- Validate all codes in university.
- Catch traceback when creating an application slip with a corrupted image file.
- Remove deprecated HTML and REST widgets and use html2dict and rest2dict instead.
- UserProcessor: Check if imported roles do exist in the portal.
- Enable localization of batch processing modules.
- Hide ‘Create students’ button. Only user admin can see this button.
- Add application_slip_notice field to ApplicantsContainer.
- Remove ‘Size’ column from logfiles table.
- Add permission, page and button to mass-clear all students in a department.
- Hide export download button 24 hours after file generation.
- Add helper to allow meminfo checks for cached memory, etc.
- Allow external checks of system load before performing expensive actions.
- Add new dependency: psutil (required to check system state).
- Show flash message on general search page for the academics section.
- Fix CertificateCourseProcessor. Mandatory is not a required field and might be missing in import files. Improve logging. Extend and fix CertCourseProcessorTests.
- Provide customizable method for disabling clearance by clearance officers.
- Use lastname (surname) instead of firstname to verify found application record on ApplicantRegistrationPage.
- Append hash ‘#’ also to datetimes to circumvent unwanted excel automatic.
- Method for (customizable) application passport upload requirements added.
- Filter payment ticket data exports by specifying the payment_date period.
- Method for (customizable) application payment slip download requirements added.
- Method for (customizable) application payment ticket upload requirements added.
- certcode and reg_number added to DataForBursaryExporter.
- Some batch processor names corrected.
- Fixed ReST markup in setup.py long description.
- Redirect to login page after using password mandate.
- Adding student payment tickets is logged.
- Provide XMLRPC services for storing and retrieving fingerprint scans.
- Sort ContextualDictSource by dictionary values not by keys.
- Add regular school fee and balance payments when exporting payments overviews.
- Add samePaymentMade method to StudentsUtils.
- Fingerprint file upload enabled.
- is_fresh property method added to Student class.
- Special application procedure modified. Special applicants must submit their form before they can download payment slips. Thus the regular workflow is now applied but, in contrast to regular applications, special applicants can create and pay more than one payment ticket. Also application slips are hidden.
- Add setMatricNumber and constructMatricNumber methods to StudentsUtils.
- When sending mails, always set from-address to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. Real from-addresses are now set in Cc and Reply-To fields. This is to tackle problems with yahoo (does not allow yahoo.com mails to be sent from non-yahoo servers).
- Multiple payments in special application containers enabled. Special payment applicants remain in state started after payment.
- File input fields brought into shape with Bootstrap 3.
- Transcript and access code pagetemplates adjusted.
- Print QR codes on all student slips.
- Allow adding current_level to base data section on all student slips (requested by Uniben).
- Windows is no longer supported. Installation manual removed.
- Added JS helper to scroll to sequencelists after adding/removing items.
- Add display_fullname column to CourseTicketExporter (requested by Uniben).
- Do also export student and course ticket data of students on probation.
- ‘Create student’ option removed from ‘Application Transition’ select field.
- API docs added.
- Back-to links replaced by animated jQuery plugins.
- Default frontpage text updated.
- Use absolute urls on datacenter pages.
- Provide customizable method for disabling student payments.
- After login and logout, regular users (officers) are redirected to the portal’s index page not to the portal’s root. The root URL can now be rewritten be Nginx or Apache so that the user is being redirected to the university website when entering the root URL directly or clicking the acronym.
- Show tooltip alert and warning window before updating plugins.
- JSAction has been deprecated. KofaAction can be used instead. Additional parameters can be used in @action decorators to enable tooltips and/or warning windows. The old @jsaction decorator still triggers a default warning message.
- jquery-ui.min.js is also used for tooltips.
- Do not create TSC AC batch when updating plugins. All TSC batches are created.
- Make table on applicantsrootpage responsive.
- Change width of input, select and textarea fields.
- Use only https in theme.html.
- INSTALL.txt updated and integrated into Sphinx documentation.
- Redundancies removed in docs.
- Diazofied the complete package.
- Send mails to from-address, if site-wide config admin is different from it.
- Change flash message for successful applicants.
- Use more attributes of applicants with payer objects.
- Update copyright infos (year).
- Localization updates.
Tons of changes.
0.1 (never released)
Initial version. Copy from waeup.sirp.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size waeup.kofa-1.3.tar.gz (472.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|