A wordpress like blog app implemented in wagtail
# wagtail_blog A wordpress like blog app implemented in wagtail.
# What is it
After reimplimenting wordpress like blogs over and over again in wagtail I decided to just make this. Feel free to use as is or copy it as a starting point. It’s based on the wagtail demo blog but is closer to a standard Wordpress blog style.
- Categories and tags with views
- Basic starter templates with pagination
Work in progress?
- Wordpress importer
- Disqus comments
- pip install wagtail-blog
- Add blog to INSTALLED_APPS
- Add url(r’^blog/’, include(‘blog.urls’)), to urls.py
- Override [templates](/blog/templates/blog/) as needed.
BLOG_PAGINATION_PER_PAGE (Default 10) Set to change the number of blogs per page. Set to None to disable (useful if using your own pagination implimentation).
django-comments-xtd comments work out of the box. Just install it as directed [here](http://django-comments-xtd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/). Customizing the xtd comment templates should be all you need - but feel free to review this apps templates which you may want to override.
Out of box Disqus coming someday - but it’s pretty easy to add manually following the Disqus documentation and overriding templates.
Feel free to contribute other comment implimentations.
The included docker-compose file should make it easy to get up and running.
- Install docker and docker-compose
- docker-compose up
- docker-compose run –rm web ./manage.py migrate
- docker-compose run –rm web ./manage.py createsuperuser
- Log in and create a blog index page with blog pages to see a very basic implimentation.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|wagtail_blog-1.1-py2-none-any.whl (24.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|wagtail-blog-1.1.tar.gz (13.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|