Waitress WSGI server
Waitress is meant to be a production-quality pure-Python WSGI server with very acceptable performance. It has no dependencies except ones which live in the Python standard library. It runs on CPython on Unix and Windows under Python 2.6+ and Python 3.2+. It is also known to run on PyPy 1.6.0+ on UNIX. It supports HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1.
For more information, see the “docs” directory of the Waitress package or http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/waitress/en/latest/ .
- Python 3.2 is no longer supported by Waitress.
- Python 2.6 will no longer be supported by Waitress in future releases.
- Building on the changes made in pull request 117, add in checking for line feed/carriage return HTTP Response Splitting in the status line, as well as the key of a header. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/pull/124 and https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/122.
- Waitress will no longer accept headers or status lines with newline/carriage returns in them, thereby disallowing HTTP Response Splitting. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/117 for more information, as well as https://www.owasp.org/index.php/HTTP_Response_Splitting.
- FileBasedBuffer and more important ReadOnlyFileBasedBuffer no longer report False when tested with bool(), instead always returning True, and becoming more iterator like. See: https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/pull/82 and https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/76
- Call prune() on the output buffer at the end of a request so that it doesn’t continue to grow without bounds. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/111 for more information.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|waitress-0.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (108.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5|
|waitress-0.9.0.tar.gz (119.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|