Async Microservices Framework
Waspy is the python framework for the WASP project. In other words its an asynchronous "transport-agnostic" web framework.
Language agnostic concepts
While this framework is for python, the patterns used in wasp are language agnostic. You should be able to call other services in different languages assuming they all follow the same patterns. This framework has a pluggable architecture for the transport layer, which allows you to switch from http to using a message bus, or vice-versa. You could even listen on both at the same time without having to modify your code at all.
examples/ folder for some quick examples, or there is an entire example repo at https://github.com/wasp/waspy-example
This project is currently in alpha state. There are a lot of features missing.
Features for beta:
- HTTP Transport
- RabbitMQ transporty
- Support middlewares
- Client library (for calling other services)
- HTTP client transport (with envvar service discovery)
- RabbitMQ client transport
- Test everything
note: all alpha features are complete, but I am still in the process of adding more robusts tests. Until that is done, waspy will remain in alpha and api's might change.
- Transport classes for nats (nats.io)
- Transport classes for kafka
- Transport classes for gRPC
- pattern for synchronous "worker-tier"
- configuration package
- auto-reloading when in debug mode
- sentry integration
- jwt handling
Features for GA (1.0):
- High level "Falcon-like" api for writing RESTFUL endpoints even easier!
- High level can be overridden by lower level for control/performance reasons
- Stable/proven API
To install, just run
pip install waspy
python setup.py develop
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.