watchlib is a Python package providing tools for loading, visualizing and analyzing Apple Watch health data.
watchlib is a python module for loading, analyzing and visualizing Apple Watch health data. A detailed documentation can be found in the Wiki. To see the module in action you can try out the watchlib demonstrator or look at some of the demo notebooks.
How to export Apple Watch health data
To use this Python package you first have to export the health data like this:
- Open Health app
- Open your profile in the upper right corner
- Scroll down
- Tap on "Export all health data"
- Confirm that you want to export all health data
- Wait until the export has finished (this might take some minutes)
- Select "Save in files"
- Choose a folder and tap "Save"
- Last step is to unzip the "Export.zip" file
Calculate various heart rate metrics from a 30 second ECG:
- beats per minute (bpm)
- time between heartbeats in ms
- heart rate variability (hrv)
- coming soon: ECG wave detection
ECG Plotting and Animation
- plot ECG
- plot ECG together with metrics
- animate ECG
Filtering workout routes by:
- bounding box size in km
- length of workout in min
3D animation of workout routes:
- coloring based on:
- horizontal acceleration
- vertical acceleration
Other Health Data
- loading and converting other health data
Analysis of other health data
ECG heartbeat calculation
Watch an example workout animation here
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for watchlib-0.0.1a2-py3-none-any.whl