Pythonic libsndfile wrapper to read and write audio files.
- Writer and reader objects are context managers
- Format, channels, length, sample rate… are accessed as properties as well as text strings
- Real multichannel (not just mono/stereo)
- All libsndfile formats supported, floating point encodings by default
- Numpy based interface
- Generators for block by block reading
- Reading reuses the same data block to avoid many data allocations
- Shortened constant names for formats (Using scopes instead of prefixes)
- Matlab-like whole-file interface (not recommended in production code but quite convenient for quick scripting)
- Transparent UTF-8 handling for filenames and text strings
- No module compilation required (wraps the dll using ctypes)
- Works both for Python3 >= 3.2 and Python2 >= 2.6
You can find the latest version at:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.