Web Browser automation and testing library for python with more features and simpler api than selenium
Web automation library for python for web browser automation and end to end UI testing.
webbot provides a much feature rich automation than selenium for all kinds of automation of webpage. Since the major portion of web automation is to perform actions like click and type into webpage elements , webbot automatically handles finding the right elements to perform the actions.
- Use any combination of selectors like id, name, text, css etc to perform actions on elements with one line of code.
- Click any button or link without having to worry about finding the element first or knowing css_selectors , xpath etc
- Smart scoring algorithm which finds the best matching elements on which you want to perform the action .
- Automation designed to work even in case of webpages with dynamically changing id and classname
- Immensely minimizes the code required for performing input actions like clicks and keyboard actions.
- Get webpage source , cookies , total tabs , webpage title etc..
- Simulate key presses and special key combinations
- Bidirectional scrolling
- Perform an action on webpage elements by applying various filters to select the elements .
- Perfrom action on multiple elements at once.
- If certain elements don’t have text or visible property , then use either their id , class , css_selector , xpath , tag etc.
- The entire automation process can be made without having to open the browser window i.e in the background as a console process (see docs for more details )
pip install webbot
If “No distribution found error occurs” just update setuptools using pip install --upgrade setuptools
Demo code 0 :
from webbot import Browser web = Browser() web.go_to('google.com') web.type('hello its me') # or web.press(web.Key.SHIFT + 'hello its me') web.press(web.Key.ENTER) web.go_back() web.click('Sign in') web.type('firstname.lastname@example.org' , into='Email') web.click('NEXT' , tag='span') web.type('mypassword' , into='Password' , id='passwordFieldId') web.click('NEXT' , tag='span') # you are logged in . woohoooo
Demo code 1 :
If multiple buttons with similar properties are to be clicked at once
web = Browser() web.go_to('siteurl.com') web.click('buttontext' , multiple = True)
Demo code 2 :
If there are multiple elements and you want to perform action on one of them
web = Browser() web.go_to('siteurl.com') # types the text into the 3rd input element when there are multiple input elements with form-input class web.type('im robo typing' , number = 3 , classname="form-input" ) web.click('Post')
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.