Dropdown menus for global navigation in Plone
Global python environment
Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
Add webcouturier.dropdownmenu to the list of eggs to install, e.g.
[buildout] ... eggs = ... webcouturier.dropdownmenu
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = webcouturier.dropdownmenu
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package’s configure.zcml file.
Your package’s dependency
If you want to automatically install webcouturier.dropdownmenu when installing your own package, do the following.
Add webcouturier.dropdownmenu as a dependency for your package. Add the dependency to your package’s setup.py’s install_requires array
setup( ... install_requires = [ ... 'webcouturier.dropdownmenu', ], ... )
This will automatically download the latest version of the package.
In your package’s profiles/default/metadata.xml, within <dependencies></dependencies> block add
... <dependency>profile-webcouturier.dropdownmenu:default</dependency> ...
Re-build your buildout and re-start the instance. Now, you should get webcouturier.dropdownmenu package installed the same very moment you are installing your own package.
(name of developer listed in brackets)
- Moved the plone.app.testing and unittest2 dependencies to a test extra. [Maurits]
- Only load the CMF permissions when on Plone 4.1 or higher. [maurits]
- fix unkown version in quickinstaller. [toutpt]
- fix typo in skins.xml provide wrong install on sunburst [toutpt]
- rename dropdown css from dtml to static css [toutpt]
2.2 (August 17, 2011)
- Fixed the INavigationRoot treatment by the dropdown menus. Fixes https://github.com/mishunov/webcouturier.dropdownmenu/pull/3 and https://github.com/mishunov/webcouturier.dropdownmenu/issues/1 [spliter]
- Add dropdowmenu layer to all themes. [thomasdesvenain]
- Added enable_parent_clickable option in config panel. The default of True corresponds with standard behaviour until now. When False, menu items that have children are not clickable. [maurits]
- Fix Plone4.1 startup issue: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11837 [toutpt]
- Add z3c.autoinclude entry point so ZCML is loaded automatically in Plone. [davisagli]
- Fix icons for compatibility with Plone 4. [matthal]
- Added support for i18n [macagua]
- Added Spanish translation [macagua]
- Updated README.txt with the whole bunch of information that users need about the package. [spliter]
- Icon for the package’s configlet link. [spliter]
- Added configlet for managing dropdown settings rom Plone Control panel. [spliter]
- Added caching feature for output xhtml. [spliter]
- Made the package work in both Plone 3.0.x and Plone 3.1 [spliter]
- Got rid of buggy default skin’s resetting in package’s profile [spliter]
- Look for ‘path’ in the global tabs data, if it’s available then it’s used to get the object instead of trying to reconstruct it from the url which fails in many cases. [fschulze]
- Got rid of hardcoded version of plone.browserlayer. It’s up to users now to decide what version of plone.browserlayer to use. [spliter]
- Fixed the bug when you have could get the error in case your navigation root differs from site root. In this case you could get “‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘endswith’” error [spliter]
- Switched the package from using browser resource for the main stylesheet. It’s now in skins/ to follow main theme’s colors better [spliter]
- Added a workaround for objects that contain spaces in their ID’s [spliter]
- Fixed the problem with images in the site’s root [spliter]
- Only override the depth for navtree queries for the dropdown menus. The override for the path was a nop for the common case but would break for sites with a different navigation root. [wichert]
- Call constructor for base class in our DropdownMenuViewlet class. This removes some boilerplate code and makes sure everything is initialised properly. [wichert]
- Dropdownmenu uses it’s own builder now (instead of sharing the same one with site map). Implemented new property dropdownDepth to contain depth property for dropdown menu separately from sitemapDepth. [spliter]
- Fixed the problem with installation in Plone 3.0.2 because of relations with webstats.js file [spliter]
- Initial release. Tested in all modern browsers, incl. Safari, IE6, IE7 and so on. [spliter]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size webcouturier.dropdownmenu-2.3.tar.gz (26.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for webcouturier.dropdownmenu-2.3.tar.gz