Community-developed Python SDK for the Webex Teams APIs
Work with the Webex Teams APIs in native Python!
Looking for ciscosparkapi? You are in the right place. ciscosparkapi is now webexteamssdk! It still has all of the native and natural Webex Teams Python functionality that you love and now we have made room for even more functionality to be added in the future.
We will maintain the ciscosparkapi package (bug fixes, etc.) in the ciscosparkapi branch of this repository and continue to publish package updates with these fixes to PyPI (through the end of 2019). Maintaining the ciscosparkapi package should keep your code and projects up and running while giving you 12+ months to migrate your code to the new webexteamssdk library.
Migration Note: Migrating should be easy. The WebexTeamsAPI class and the Python objects returned by the API calls are nearly identical to their CiscoSparkAPI predecessors. Does the word “nearly” scare you? Here are some specifics:
- The obvious top-level name change from CiscoSparkAPI to WebexTeamsAPI.
- WebexTeamsAPI’s API structure: method and attribute names are identical.
- The returned Python objects (now derivatives of an ImmutableData base class) are now immutable; so you can use them in sets and as keys in dictionaries.
- WebexTeamsAPI converts object attributes that contain data-time strings (like a room’s creation date) to Python datetime’s (actually a derived class that has been customized to model the Webex Teams data-time format)
There is also some new functionality under the hood that we will document, communicate, and generally make available in the future.
webexteamssdk is a community developed Python library for working with the Webex Teams APIs. Our goal is to make working with Webex Teams in Python a native and natural experience!
from webexteamssdk import WebexTeamsAPI api = WebexTeamsAPI() # Find all rooms that have 'webexteamssdk Demo' in their title all_rooms = api.rooms.list() demo_rooms = [room for room in all_rooms if 'webexteamssdk Demo' in room.title] # Delete all of the demo rooms for room in demo_rooms: api.rooms.delete(room.id) # Create a new demo room demo_room = api.rooms.create('webexteamssdk Demo') # Add people to the new demo room email_addresses = ["email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org"] for email in email_addresses: api.memberships.create(demo_room.id, personEmail=email) # Post a message to the new room, and upload a file api.messages.create(demo_room.id, text="Welcome to the room!", files=["https://www.webex.com/content/dam/wbx/us/images/dg-integ/teams_icon.png"])
That’s more than 6 Webex Teams API calls in less than 23 lines of code (with comments and whitespace), and likely more than that since webexteamssdk handles pagination for you automatically!
webexteamssdk makes your life better… Learn how!
webexteamssdk does all of this for you:
- Transparently sources your Webex Teams access token from your local environment
- Provides and uses default arguments and settings everywhere possible, so you don’t have to think about things like API endpoint URLs, HTTP headers and JSON formats
- Represents all Webex Teams API interactions using native Python tools
- Authentication and Connection to the Webex Teams Cloud ==> WebexTeamsAPI “connection object”
- API Calls ==> Hierarchically organized methods underneath the WebexTeamsAPI ‘Connection Object’
- Returned Data Objects ==> Native Python objects
- Automatic and transparent pagination!
- Automatic rate-limit handling! (wait|retry)
- Multipart encoding and uploading of local files
- Auto-completion in your favorite IDE, descriptive exceptions, and so much more…
Installing and upgrading webexteamssdk is easy:
Install via PIP
$ pip install webexteamssdk
Upgrading to the latest Version
$ pip install webexteamssdk --upgrade
Excellent documentation is now available at: http://webexteamssdk.readthedocs.io
Check out the Quickstart to dive in and begin using webexteamssdk.
Are you looking for some sample scripts? Check out the examples folder!
Have a good example script you would like to share? Please feel free to contribute!
Please see the releases page for release notes on the incremental functionality and bug fixes incorporated into the published releases.
Questions, Support & Discussion
webexteamssdk is a community developed and community supported project. If you experience any issues using this package, please report them using the issues page.
Please join the Python Webex Teams Devs Webex Teams space to ask questions, join the discussion, and share your projects and creations.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size webexteamssdk-1.2.tar.gz (50.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|