Yet another Python Web framework striving for convenience and productivity
weiyu is a Web development framework for Python. Highly modular and configurable, weiyu strives to empower developers with convenience and productivity.
NOTE weiyu is considered alpha quality, with its adoption basically non-existent besides the author’s several projects. Do not use in production for now!
- Configuration driven
- YAML, JSON or Python pickles are supported
- YAML is the default configuration format for readability
- NoSQL storage
- MongoDB (not actively tested)
- Flexible URL routing
- Route with either regexes or exact startswith matches
- Concise URL routing definition syntax, with Vim syntax coloring! Check out examples/hello and vim-support/ for details.
- Support for scoped reverse URL resolution (documentation needed)
- Cache integration
- Frontend technologies
- Sass by means of pyScss
The framework provides integration with the following packages:
- Server interfaces
- Session management
- Templating engine
CPython 2.7 and PyPy are supported, with support for CPython 3.2 and above considered experimental. Any help is appreciated.
- Public domain for examples/
The project contains code from other libraries; copyright notices are attached to the respective source files.
weiyu is registered in PyPI, but for the moment directly installing from the official repository is recommended as the development is constantly in flux. Also you get the full set of examples this way.
To install from the official repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/xen0n/weiyu.git $ cd weiyu/ (installing using distribute) $ ./setup.py develop (or manually setting up the link) $ pwd > /path/to/your/site-packages/weiyu.pth
To install via pip:
$ pip install weiyu
Both will not install most of the dependencies. While the deps can be controlled individually using flags like weiyu[mako,riak,redis], requirements files have been provided to allow quick install of all possible dependencies.:
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
PyPy users would have to use the other requirement file, requirements.pypy.txt, which basically has the optional C accelerator modules stripped out.
- gevent-socketio integration is not directly usable on PyPy. However, with the latest version of PyPy and some hacks, the performance can become really awesome!
- The NoSQL DB mapper is somewhat lacking in capabilities, help appreciated.
- Mailing list
- weiyu-cn at groups.google.com (Main language: Chinese)
Why the name?
The name comes from Lin Jiang Xian (trad: 臨江仙/simp: 临江仙) by Yan Jidao, a poet of the Song dynasty. The referenced sentence is 去年春恨卻來時，落花人獨立，微雨燕雙飛. Its pronunciation is like “WE-you”, if not using the correct vowel for “yu”.
Some examples are provided in the examples/ directory. Check them out to get a feeling of working with weiyu.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size weiyu-0.2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (112.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size weiyu-0.2.1.tar.gz (60.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for weiyu-0.2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl