Wind Energy Toolbox
The Wind Energy Toolbox (or
wetb, pronounce as wee-tee-bee) is a collection
of Python scripts that facilitate working with (potentially a lot) of HAWC2,
HAWCStab2, FAST or other text input based simulation tools.
Note that this toolbox is very much a WIP (work in progress). For example, some of the functions in the prepost module have a similar functions in Hawc2io. These different implementations will be merged in due time.
Both Python2 and Python3 are supported.
Contents of WindEnergyToolbox, wetb
- Hawc2io: Read binary, ascii and flex result files
- sel_file: Read/write *.sel (sensor list) files
- htc_file: Read/write/manipulate htc files
- ae_file: Read AE (aerodynamic blade layout) files
- pc_file: Read PC (profile coefficient) files
- st_file: Read ST (structural properties) files
- shear_file: Create user defined shear file
- at_time_file: Read at output_at_time files
- log_file: Read and interpret log files
- ascii2bin: Compress HAWC2 ascii result files to binary
General Time Series Data Format, a binary hdf5 data format for storing time series data.
- gtsdf: read/write/append gtsdf files
- unix_time: convert between datetime and unix time (seconds since 1/1/1970)
- fatigue: Rainflow counting, cycle matrix and equivalent loads
- bearing_damage: Calculate a comparable measure of bearing damage
- shear: Calculate and fit wind shear
Module for working with "Design load cases" (Code independent)
- high_level Class for working with the highlevel dlc excell sheet
Module for creating an arbitrary number of HAWC2 simulations, and optionally corresponding execution scripts for a PBS Torque cluster (Linux), simple bash (Linux), or Windows batch scripts. A post-processing module is also included that calculates statistical parameters, performs rainflow counting for fatigue load calculations, and create load envelopes.
Additional documentation can be found here:
- Getting started with DLBs
Tools for working with NREL's FAST code (An aeroelastic computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool for horizontal axis wind turbines)
- fast_io: Read binary and ascii result files
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wetb-0.0.15-cp37-cp37m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl (805.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version cp37||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size wetb-0.0.15-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl (471.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version cp37||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size wetb-0.0.15.tar.gz (20.7 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for wetb-0.0.15-cp37-cp37m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for wetb-0.0.15-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl