The Wind Energy Toolbox (or ```wetb```, pronounce as wee-tee-bee) is a collection
of Python scripts that facilitate working with (potentially a lot) of HAWC2,
HAWCStab2, FAST or other text input based simulation tools.
Note that this toolbox is very much a WIP (work in progress). For example,
some of the functions in the [prepost](#prepost) module have a similar functions
in [Hawc2io](wetb/hawc2/Hawc2io.py). These different implementations will be
merged in due time.
Both Python2 and Python3 are supported.
For a more detailed overview, see: [docs/install](docs/install.md)
# Contents of WindEnergyToolbox, [wetb](wetb)
- [Hawc2io](wetb/hawc2/Hawc2io.py): Read binary, ascii and flex result files
- [sel_file](wetb/hawc2/sel_file.py): Read/write *.sel (sensor list) files
- [htc_file](wetb/hawc2/htc_file.py): Read/write/manipulate htc files
- [ae_file](wetb/hawc2/ae_file.py): Read AE (aerodynamic blade layout) files
- [pc_file](wetb/hawc2/pc_file.py): Read PC (profile coefficient) files
- [shear_file](wetb/hawc2/shear_file.py): Create user defined shear file
- [at_time_file](wetb/hawc2/at_time_file.py): Read at output_at_time files
- [log_file](wetb/hawc2/log_file.py): Read and interpret log files
- [ascii2bin](wetb/hawc2/ascii2bin): Compress HAWC2 ascii result files to binary
General Time Series Data Format, a binary hdf5 data format for storing time series data.
- [gtsdf](wetb/gtsdf/gtsdf.py): read/write/append gtsdf files
- [unix_time](wetb/gtsdf/unix_time.py): convert between datetime and unix time (seconds since 1/1/1970)
- [fatigue](wetb/fatigue_tools/fatigue.py): Rainflow counting, cycle matrix and equivalent loads
- [bearing_damage](wetb/fatigue_tools/bearing_damage.py): Calculate a comparable measure of bearing damage
- [shear](wetb/wind/shear.py): Calculate and fit wind shear
Module for working with "Design load cases" (Code independent)
- [high_level](wetb/dlc/high_level.py) Class for working with the highlevel dlc excell sheet
Module for creating an arbitrary number of HAWC2 simulations, and optionally
corresponding execution scripts for a PBS Torque cluster (Linux), simple bash
(Linux), or Windows batch scripts. A post-processing module is also included
that calculates statistical parameters, performs rainflow counting for fatigue
load calculations, and create load envelopes.
Additional documentation can be found here:
- [Auto-generation of Design Load Cases](docs/howto-make-dlcs.md)
- [How to use the Statistics DataFrame](docs/using-statistics-df.md)
- [Generate DLB spreadsheets](docs/generate-spreadsheet.md)
Tools for working with NREL's FAST code (An aeroelastic computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool for horizontal axis wind turbines)
- [fast_io](wetb/fast/fast_io.py): Read binary and ascii result files
- [geometry](wetb/utils/geometry.py): Different kind of geometry conversion functions
- [process_exec](wetb/utils/process_exec.py): Run system command in subprocess
- [timing](wetb/utils/timing.py): Decorators for evaluating execution time of functions
- [caching](wetb/utils/caching.py): Decorators to create cached (calculate once) functions and properties
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.