LG SmartThinQ API client for Korean
A library for interacting with the “LG SmartThinq” system, which can control heat pumps and such. I reverse-engineered the API from their mobile app.
To try out the API, there is a simple command-line tool included here, called example.py. To use it, provide it with a country and language code via the -c and -l flags, respectively:
$ git clone https://github.com/gugu927/wideq.git $ cd wideq
$ python3 example.py -c KR -l ko-KR
LG accounts seem to be associated with specific countries, so be sure to use the one with which you originally created your account. For Korean, for example, you’d use -c KR -l ko-KR.
On first run, the script will ask you to log in with your LG account. Logging in with Google does not seem to work, but other methods (plain email & password, Facebook, and Amazon) do.
By default, the example just lists the devices associated with your account. You can also specify one of several other commands:
- ls: List devices (the default).
- mon <ID>: Monitor a device continuously, printing out status information until you type control-C. Provide a device ID obtained from listing your devices.
- washer-mon <ID>: Like mon, but only for WASHER devices—prints out specific washer-related information in a more readable form.
- dryer-mon <ID>: Like mon, but only for DRYER devices—prints out specific dryer-related information in a more readable form.
- dehum-mon <ID>: Like mon, but only for DEHUMIDIFIER devices—prints out dehumidifier-related information in a more readable form.
- ac-mon <ID>: Like mon, but only for AC devices—prints out specific climate-related information in a more readable form.
- set-temp <ID> <TEMP>: Set the target temperature for an AC device.
- turn <ID> <ONOFF>: Turn an AC device on or off. Use “on” or “off” as the second argument.
- ac-config <ID>: Print out some configuration information about an AC device.
This is by [GuGu927][andy]. The license is [MIT]. I also made a [Home Assistant component][hass-smartthinq] that uses wideq.
This library originated from [Adrian Sampson][sampson]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size wideq_gu-0.0.1b0-py3-none-any.whl (23.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size wideq_gu-0.0.1b0.tar.gz (18.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for wideq_gu-0.0.1b0-py3-none-any.whl