A downloader for named images containing faces from Wiki servers.
This project downloads images from a Wiki that include human faces. Specifically, images that are associated with certain wikipedia categories.
Pip Installation Procedure:
pip install wikifaces
git clone email@example.com:tford9/Wiki-Faces-Downloader.git cd Wiki-Faces-Downloader python setup.py pip install wikifaces
python downloader -i "indonesian engineers" -o ../data/ -d
from wikifaces.downloader import WikiFace wikiface_obj = WikiFace() wikiface_obj.download(categories=['facebook'], depth=2, output_location='../data/')
The following structure is output:
The process is carried out as follows:
- Given a category from a Wiki, collect n pages that contain the same category as well as at least one category containing "people" in the title.
- With those pages, crawl across their included categories and collect y pages that contain those categories as well as at least one "people" category.
- Given the collected Wiki pages, download the primary image from the page and determine if it is a human face using light facial detection.
- We capture all images from the wiki that contain the name of the page (if it's a person then the filename contains their name),
- Using the captured name and images, we create a dataset for that face.
- Currently, a part of this process uses a recursive call structure to get all related pages; there may be a way to linearize, or parallelize this.
- Currently, we are only pulling images contain the person's name in the title and only have one visible face in the image. All other images are not considered. A voting system should be added to get the most represented faces across multiple images.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
wikifaces-1.0.7.tar.gz (9.9 kB view hashes)
Hashes for wikifaces-1.0.7-py3-none-any.whl