Differential rates of WIMP-nucleus scattering
Differential rates of WIMP-nucleus scattering in the standard halo model, primarily for xenon detectors.
Installation and usage
pip install wimprates
- See this basic example for usage.
The package uses numericalunits (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/numericalunits); all function inputs
are expected to have proper units (except for the
rate_wimp_std convenience function).
- Spin-indendent and spin-dependent DM-nucleus scattering;
- Elastic NR, bremsstrahlung, and Migdal effect detection mechanisms;
- Time dependent observed dark matter speed distribution (annual modulation only, no daily modulation);
- DM-electron scattering (experimental);
- Support for xenon (all models, default), argon, germanium, and silicon (many models).
How to cite
- J. Aalbers, J. Angevaare, K. Morå, and B. Pelssers, wimprates: v0.4.1 (2022). https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2604222.
- The original sources for models used in wimprates are:
- Spin-dependent scattering: Klos, P. et al., Phys.Rev. D88 (2013) no.8, 083516, Erratum: Phys.Rev. D89 (2014) no.2, 029901. [arXiv:1304.7684]
- Bremsstrahlung: C. Kouvaris and J. Pradler, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 031803 (2017). arXiv:1607.01789
- Migdal effect: M. Ibe et al., JHEP 1803 (2018) 194. arXiv:1707.07258
- Dark matter electron scattering: R. Essig, T. Volansky, T.-T. Yu: Phys. Rev. D 96, 043017 (2017). arXiv:1703.00910.
- Ionization form factors from: T.-T. Yu, http://ddldm.physics.sunysb.edu/ddlDM/, 2018-11-05.
- Jelle Aalbers
- Joran Angevaare
- Knut Dundas Mora
- Bart Pelssers
- Change default v_0 and v_pec to match current conventions (#14)
- If no time is provided, spectra are now calculated at a reference time (#14)
- Fix bug where user-specified halo models would not override v_0 (#14)
- Fix tests for numpy 1.24 (#15)
- Restore python 3.7 compatibility (#13)
- Fixes for alternate materials (#7)
- Update notebooks, continuous integration tests (#9)
- Fix technical release issue
- Alternate materials for SI scattering (#4)
- Faster J200 timestamp conversion (#5)
- Flexible halo model (#3)
- DM form factor choice for DM-electron scattering
- DM-electron scattering
- Fix package data specification
- Annual modulation (#2)
- Migdal effect
- Configurable mediator mass
- Resistance to numericalunits.reset_units()
- Restructure as python package
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for wimprates-0.5.0-py3-none-any.whl