Switch desktop's windows by typing their titles, name, etc.
Switch desktop’s windows by typing text from their title, application name, etc.
Now experimentally works on Microsoft Windows.
Installation & running
pip install windownow
- control+p: highlight previous item
- control+n: highlight next item
- enter | return: hide windownow and raise highlighted window
- if typed any filter letter:
- reset filter
- if no filter string typed:
- hide windownow
System enviroment should have installed this packages:
- python-gtk2 (or higher)
- python-wxgtk2.8 (or higher)
Check for above packages with your linux distribution package manager, like:
aptitude install python-gtk2
or (if package not found):
aptitude search python-gtk2
in Ubuntu | Debian