Translates isi web of knowledge files into python objects.
Python WoS tools
Translates ISI Web of Knowledge files into python objects.
Install the library by:
$ pip install wostools
Say you want to grab the title of all the articles in an ISI file, you can grab this example file.
>>> from wostools import Cached >>> collection = Cached.from_filenames('docs/examples/bit-pattern-savedrecs.txt') >>> for article in collection: ... print(article.title) In situ grazing incidence small-angle X-ray scattering study of solvent vapor annealing in lamellae-forming block copolymer thin films: Trade-off of defects in deswelling Structural control of ultra-fine CoPt nanodot arrays via electrodeposition process Porphyrin-based Pt/Pd-containing metallopolymers: Synthesis, characterization, optical property and potential application in bioimaging Syntheses and Controllable Self-Assembly of Luminescence Platinum(II) Plane-Coil Diblock Copolymers # ...
Never fear wostools cli is here. To help you do some common tasks right from your terminal.
$ wostools --help $ # To extract all the properties in a json file $ wostools to-json docs/examples/bit-pattern-savedrecs.txt --output=document.json
- Free software: MIT license
- Parses an ISI Web of Knowledge file and produces a native python object.
- Parses RIS scopus files and produces a native python object.
- Merges ISI and RIS files into enriched collections.
- It has a cli to extract documents and citation pairs for you :smile:
Development of this package is supported by Core of Science.
- Fix packaging accident to allow package to install correclty.
- Clear logging error channel.
- (!) Adds scopus RIS format support.
- Drops support for
- Adds docummented support for Python 3.8 and 3.9
- Drops docummented support for Python 3.6.
- Improves article matching in collections.
- Remove from the collection those documents whose label is unknow or conflictive.
- Accomodate for unknown fields in ISI WOS files.
- Fix and prevent distribution accidents.
- Add issue to the articles plain dict output.
- Fix some bugs with issues.
- Add issue to the articles top level.
- Fix bug with first author merging articles.
- Remove instances where we inherit from
- Fix error with wos files that have an invisible character before the field key.
- Make the article class more concrete
- Make collections iterable
- Add cached and lazy collections for different use cases
- Add support for all WOS fields.
- Add graph building support.
- Add a little cli for common tasks.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for wostools-3.0.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl