A Bundler clone for Python
(PRE-ALPHA DO NOT USE) A Python clone of bundler. The wheel racker!
- wracker install installs packages from a requirements.in file (in your CWD or parent directories) and writes the specific versions to requirements.txt
- wracker exec sets $PYTHONPATH to use your wheel rack and sets $PYTHONHOME to an automatically created and empty virtualenv, keeping your project isolated from other Python projects on your machine. The automatic virtualenv is set to use the same version of Python that’s accessible as python on the prompt, so it works well with virtualenv and pyenv. The version of Python can also be manually specified using the -p switch (although this has not been extensively tested).
- wracker exec also sets $PATH to include paths to scripts installed by your Python packages, so wracker exec pep8 will launch your frozen pep8
(Presented in no particular order.)
- [ ] Support installation with Python 3
- [ ] Integrate cleanly with pyenv
- [ ] VCS URLs
- [ ] -r includes
- [ ] Verification that all versions are compatible
- [ ] Friendly errors
- [ ] Tests
- [ ] Segregate installed modules by Python version used to compile
- [ ] A million other things
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.