Download all or a particular XKCD comic uploaded till date from the Command line
Now I don’t know about you, but I just love reading xkcd’s! And So xkcd-dl
I thought why not create something like that but for downloading xkcd’s!
How about you get to download all of the xkcd which have been uploaded till date? This does just that!
- Can download all the xkcd’s uploaded till date(1603 as I am writing this!).
- Download individual xkcd’s and store them
- Download the latest issue xkcd
- No duplicacy in your XKCD database.
- Stores each xckd in a seperate file named as the title of the xkcd at your home directory
- Writes a description.txt for each xkcd. Storing meta-data like
- url value
- a small description of that xkcd
- written in python.
Option 1: installing from source
$ git clone https://github.com/prodicus/xkcd-dl.git $ cd xkcd-dl/xkcd-dl $ python setup.py install
When running for the first time, do a xkcd-dl --update-db
$ xkcd-dl --update-db XKCD link database updated Stored it in 'xkcd_dict.json'. You can start downloading your XKCD's! Run 'xkcd-dl --help' for more options $
This downloads the last uploaded xkcd comic and stores under the home directory of the user with a brief description
$ xkcd-dl --download-latest Downloading xkcd from 'http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/flashlights.png' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/1603' $
If it has been downloaded, will not do anything
Downloads the particular XKCDNUMBER(given that it exists and has not been downloaded already) and stores it in the home directory
$ xkcd-dl --download=143 Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/143/' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/143' $ xkcd-dl --download=1603 Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/1603/' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/1603' xkcd number '1603' has already been downloaded! $
As the name suggests, will download all the xkcd’s uploaded till date and store them under the home directory of the user.
$ xkcd-dl --download-all Downloading all xkcd's Till date!! Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/1466' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/1466' Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/381' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/381' Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/198' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/198' Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/512' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/512' Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/842' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/842' Downloading xkcd from 'http://xkcd.com/920' and storing it under '/home/tasdik/xkcd_archive/920' .... ....
- [x] add xkcd-cli --download-latest
- [x] add xkcd-cli --download=XKCDNUMBER
- [x] add xkcd-cli --download-all
- [ ] add xkcd-cli --start=XKCDNUMBER --end=XKCDNUMBER [--path=/path/to/directory]
- [ ] Remove redundant code in download_xkcd_number(), download_latest() and download_all()
Feel free to contribute
- Fork it.
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-awesome-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Added <xyz> feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-awesome-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
Please report the bugs at the issue tracker
MIT License http://prodicus.mit-license.org/ © Tasdik Rahman
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size xkcd-dl-0.0.5.tar.gz (7.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|