Utilities for working with Excel files that require both xlrd and xlwt
This package provides a collection of utilities for working with Excel files. Since these utilities may require either or both of the xlrd and xlwt packages, they are collected together here, separate from either package.
Currently available are:
- Tools for copying xlrd.Book objects to xlwt.Workbook objects.
- Utility functions for displaying information about xlrd-related objects in a user-friendly and safe fashion.
- A mini framework for splitting and filtering Excel files into new Excel files.
- Tools for finding how much of an Excel file contains useful data.
- Tools for serializing xlrd.Book objects back to Excel files.
- Tools for working with formatting information expressed in styles.
The easyiest way to install xlutils is:
Or, if you’re using zc.buildout, just specify ‘xlutils’ as a required egg.
However, you can also install in the usual python fashion of unpacking the source distribution and running:
python setup.py install
If you do not install using easy_install or zc.buildout, you will also need to make sure the following python packages are available on your PYTHONPATH:
You’ll need version 0.6.1a1 or later. Latest versions can be found here:
You’ll need version 0.7.0 or later. Latest versions can be found here:
This can be found here:
If you’re installing with either easy_install or buildout, these dependencies will automatically be installed for you.