Xml2rfc generates RFCs and IETF drafts from document source in XML according to the dtd in RFC2629.
The IETF uses a specific format for the standards and other documents it publishes as RFCs, and for the draft documents which are produced when developing documents for publications. There exists a number of different tools to facilitate the formatting of drafts and RFCs according to the existing rules, and this tool, xml2rfc, is one of them. It takes as input an xml file which contains the text and meta-information about author names etc., and transforms it into suitably formatted output. The input xml file should follow the DTD given in RFC2629 (or it’s inofficial successor).
The current incarnation of xml2rfc provides output in the following formats: Paginated and unpaginated ascii text, html, nroff, and expanded xml. Only the paginated text format is currently (January 2013) accepable as draft submissions to the IETF.
xml2rfc accepts a single XML document as input and outputs to one or more conversion formats.
Basic Usage: xml2rfc SOURCE [options] FORMATS...
Run xml2rfc --help for a full listing of command-line options.
Version 2.15.5 (21 Dec 2018)
- Added code to look for input marked as v3, and process that as v3 without requiring an explicit –v3 switch. This should make it easier to transition to v3 draft submissions.
- Fixed a bug related to cref handling. Fixes issue #389.
- Ensured propagation of options to parser and url resolver, and improved the error message for externals without .xml extension that give 404.
- Fixed an include without explicit extension in a test input file, in order to work with the stricter v3 formatter include processing.
Version 2.15.4 (18 Dec 2018)
- Tweaked the mkrelease script to prevent inclusion of temporary editor files.
- Fixed a problem with string vs byte for referece file output.
- Added a limitation on the intervaltree requirements to avoid a broken version.
Version 2.15.3 (05 Dec 2018)
This release fixes some issues found when running the html renderer over a corpus of all drafts submitted with xml format over the last 30 days, and an installation issue.
- Handled utf-8 reloading in setup.py under py27 without using six, which might be unavailable before the installation completes.
- Always convert python lists to comma-separated strings before calling on i18n address validation.
- Added some guards to prevent operations on None.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size xml2rfc-2.15.5.tar.gz (2.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|