The code is distributed under terms of the Zope Public License version 2.1.
See also LICENSE.txt.
Z3locales is a library which translates dates in Zope 2 to the current
user language using Zope 3 technology.
Those functions are available in the module localdatetime:
- Return the current date formatted and translated in the current
user language. The target user language is determined via the
- get_formatted_date(date, size="full", request=_marker, locale=_marker, display_time=True)
- Take a date (should be a tuple (year, month, day[, hour[,
minute[, second]]]) or a Python datetime object), format it and
translate it in the target user language (determined via locale or the
given request). The modifier size and display_time can be used to
change the output.
- get_month_names(request=_marker, locale=_marker, calendar='gregorian')
- Return a list of month names translated in the target language
(determined via locale or the given request).
- get_month_abbreviations(request=_marker, locale=_marker, calendar='gregorian')
- Return a list of month abbreviations (usually the first three
letters) translated in the target user language (determined via
locale or the given request).
- Return the locale representing the target user language using the
provided request. This locale can be used after by other functions
of this package.
Compatibility API exists with previous versions.
- Fallback to english if the local that is asked is not available.
- Use local information from Zope API’s getPreferredLanguages when no
specific local is given.
- Refactor API to factorize needed computation. The API changed to be
- First release as an egg.
- Use zope.i18n as a dependencies, not having a local copy of it.
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.