Set of SQLAlchemy mixins that make application building an easy task. Provides users, groups, permissions, resource tree handling and authorization solutions for Pyramid and Flask frameworks.
BUG TRACKER: https://github.com/ergo/ziggurat_foundations
High level mixins for adding authorization, resource ownership and permission management fast, simple and easy. In summary, Ziggurat Foundations is a set of framework agnostic set of SQLAalchemy classes, so it can be used with Flask, Pyramid or other popular frameworks. It is the perfect solution for handling complex login and user management systems, from e-commerce systems, to private intranets or large CMS systems. It can easily be extended to support any additional features you may need (explained further in the documentation)
Zigg has been used (at scale) for very large implementations (millions of real users) and has been extended for custom applications such as geo-location applications that rely on pin-point accuracy for a users location. Zigg has been designed to work for high end environments, where the user(s) are at the main focus of the application (for example Zigg could become the backbone for a social media style application).
The aim of this project is to supply set of generic models that cover the most common needs in application development when it comes to authorization - using flat and tree like data structures. We provide most commonly needed features in a "standard" application, but provide them as mixins as we understand that every implementation has its own use case and in doing so, extending the base models is very easy.
Zigg supplies extendable, robust and well tested models that include:
- User - base for user accounts
- Group - container for many users
- Resource - Arbitrary database entity that can represent various object hierarchies - blogs, forums, cms documents, pages etc.
Zigg provides standard functions that let you:
- Assign arbitrary permissions directly to users (ie. access certain views)
- Assign users to groups
- Assign arbitrary permissions to groups
- Assign arbitrary resource permissions to users (ie. only user X can access private forum)
- Assign arbitrary resource permissions to groups
- Manage nested resources with tree service
- Assign a user o an external identity (such as facebook/twitter)
- Manage the sign in/sign out process
- Change users password and generate security codes
- Example root context factory for assigning permissions per request (framework integration)
Ziggurat Foundations is BSD Licensed
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ziggurat_foundations-0.8.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (66.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ziggurat_foundations-0.8.3.tar.gz (49.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for ziggurat_foundations-0.8.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for ziggurat_foundations-0.8.3.tar.gz