A DNS zone management web application.
Zoner is a web application to make management of DNS zone files simple and easy. The authoritative copy of each domain remains in the original zone file, which Zoner reads & writes as needed, as opposed to storing domain details in a database. This means that zone files can still be edited manually and Zoner will pick up the changes as necessary.
- Domain details remain in original zone files, not in a database.
- Zoner reads & writes actual zone files, which can also be safely modified outside of Zoner.
- Zone serial numbers are incremented automatically when changes are made.
- Zoner can signal bind to reload a zone, via rndc.
- An audit of all zone changes is maintained for each domain. Any previous version of a zone file can be inspected and zones can be rolled back to any previous version.
- Zoner is a Python application built with the TurboGears framework. Both Python and TurboGears (version 1.x) are required.
- Zoner requires the easyzone and dnspython Python packages for DNS/zone management.
- Zoner also requires SQLAlchemy, TGBooleanFormWidget and TGExpandingFormWidget Python packages.
(All dependencies should be installed automatically if using setuptools, which will usually be the case for a properly installed TurboGears environment.)
The easiest way to install Zoner is by using setuptools:
$ easy_install zoner
Alternatively, install TurboGears then download the Zoner package and install with:
$ python setup.py install
Then create a config file. A template sample-prod.cfg file is included with the package (or installed alongside the package). Example:
$ cp /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zoner-1.3.1-py2.4.egg/config/sample-prod.cfg zoner.cfg
Customise the config file, then initialise the database:
$ tg-admin sql create
Next, create a user to login to the Zoner application with:
$ zoner_users -c zoner.cfg add
Finally, start the Zoner application:
$ zoner zoner.cfg
Point your browser at http://localhost:8080/ (or the appropriate host/port as per your configuration) and you should be able to login.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zoner-1.4.1.tar.gz (89.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|