Local Zope Component Support
NOTE: this package is deprecated. Its functionality has been moved to more reusable packages, namely: zope.component, zope.security, zope.site and zope.componentvocabulary. Please import from there instead.
This package provides various ZCML directives (view, resource) and a user interface related to local component management.
- IMPORTANT: this package is now empty except for some ZMI definitions in zope.app.component.browser. Functionality from this package has been moved to zope.site, zope.componentvocabulary and zope.component, so preferably import from those locations.
- zope.componentvocabulary has the vocabulary implementations that were in zope.app.componentvocabulary now, import them from there for backwards compatibility.
- moved zope:resource and zope:view directive implementation and tests over into zope.component [zcml].
- Removed deprecated zope:defaultView directive and its implementation. New directive to set default view is browser:defaultView.
- Make class directive schemas importable from old location, raising a deprecation warning. It was moved in the previous release, but some custom directives could possibly use its schemas.
- Deprecate import of ClassDirective to announce about new location.
- Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, because zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Adapt to the move of IDefaultViewName from zope.component.interfaces to zope.publisher.interfaces.
- Moved the implementation of the <class> directive from this package to zope.security. In particular, the module zope.app.component.contentdirective has moved to zope.security.metaconfigure, and a compatibility import has been left in its place.
- Extracted zope.site from zope.app.component with backwards compatibility imports in place. Local site related functionality is now in zope.site and packages should import from there.
- Remove more deprecated on 3.5 code:
- zope.app.component.fields module that was pointing to the removed back35’s LayerField.
- zope.app.component.interface module that was moved to zope.component.interface ages ago.
- zope:content and zope:localUtility directives.
- zope:factory directive.
- deprecated imports in zope.component.metaconfigure
- browser:tool directive and all zope.component.browser meta.zcml stuff.
- Remove “back35” extras_require as it doesn’t make any sense now.
- Remove zope.modulealias test dependency as it is not used anywhere.
- Deprecate ISite and IPossibleSite imports from zope.app.component.interfaces. They were moved to zope.location.interfaces ages ago. Fix imports in zope.app.component itself.
- Remove deprecated code slated for removal on 3.5.
- Resolve ZopeSecurityPolicy deprecation warning.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.