Static Tree Implementation
What is ZopeTree?
ZopeTree is a port of Philipp’s Zope2 product ZopeTree. ZopeTree was meant to be a light-weight and easy-to-use static tree implementation, mainly designed for use in ZPTs. It was originally written because Zope2’s ZTUtils.Tree was found to be too complicated and inflexible.
The ZTUtils package has not been ported to Zope3. Parts of it, like batching, have found their way into Zope3, though. Only support for static tree generation is not in the core.
How to use it
Using the skin
Using predefined views on objects
ZopeTree comes with several predefined views:
- simple view using cookies for tree state storage.
- same as above, however only showing folders.
- same as above, with the nearest site as root node.
- same as above, with the root container as root node.
The example page template(s) in the browser package give an idea how to use these views for HTML templating.
The best way to customize ZopeTree is to define your own view for objects (usually ‘*’). If you want to use the cookie functionality, simply extend the cookie browser view:
from zope.app.tree.filters import OnlyInterfacesFilter from zope.app.tree.browser.cookie import CookieTreeView class BendableStaticTreeView(StaticTreeView): def bendablesTree(self): # tree with only IBendables, but also show the folder # they're in filter = OnlyInterfacesFilter(IBendable, IFolder) return self.cookieTree(filter)
You can also write your own filters. All you have to do is implement the IObjectFindFilter interface (which is trivial):
from zope.interface import implements from zope.app.interfaces.find import IObjectFindFilter class BendableFilter: implements(IObjectFindFilter) def matches(self, obj) # only allow bendable objects return obj.isBendable()
License and Copyright
This product is released under the terms of the Zope Public License (ZPL) v2.1. See the ZopePublicLicense.txt file at the root of your Zope distribution.
Copyright (c) 2003 Philipp “philiKON” von Weitershausen Copyright (c) 2004 Zope Corporation and Contributors
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and PyPy.
- Fix #264614: Test for node filter didn’t do what it was expected to do.
- Import ISite from zope.component after it was moved there from zope.location.
- Converted from using zope.app.container to zope.container.
- Add compatibility for newer zope.traversing releases that require us to explicitly set up testing. This also works with older releases.
- Get rid of zope.app.zapi dependency, replacing its uses with direct imports.
- Clean up dependencies, move testing and rotterdam dependencies to extra requires.
- Fix mailing list address to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of retired email@example.com. Change cheeseshop to pypi in the package url.
- Replace __used_for__ in adapters.py with zope.component.adapts calls to make more sense.
- Remove obsolete zpkg files, zcml include file for mkzopeinstance-based installations, versions.txt that makes no sense now.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.
v1.2 (2004-02-19) – ‘Scruffy’
- Moved to zope.app.tree
- It is now called ‘ZopeTree’ again. Hoorray!
- Refactored browser stuff into its own browser subpackage.
- Separated the handling of tree state from the cookie functionality to provide a base class for views based on other tree state sources.
v1.1 (2004-02-16) – ‘Zapp’
- Added support for displaying lines in a tree (Stephan Richter)
- Changes in Node.getFlatDict() to provide more data. Removed ‘depth’ from node info, but added ‘row-state’ and ‘last-level-node’. Changed interface and test accordingly.
- Updated templates for StaticTree skin and example. Note that third party templates from 1.0.x will not work anymore and must be updated as well!
v1.0.1 (2004-01-16) – ‘Nibbler’
- Added last remaining pieces for unit tests
- Updated documentation
- Rounded some rough edges in the skin
- Integrated it into the Zope3 distribution below the zope.products package
v1.0 (2003-11-24) – ‘Lur’
- Ported to Zope 3
- Renamed it to ‘statictree’
- Much more unit tests
- Added filter functionality
- Provided sample implementations as well as an alternate rotterdam-like skin using the static tree
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|zope.app.tree-4.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (37.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||May 16, 2017|
|zope.app.tree-4.0.0.tar.gz (23.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||May 16, 2017|