ZCML directives for configuring browser views for Zope.
This package is at present not reusable without depending on a large chunk of the Zope Toolkit and its assumptions. It is maintained by the Zope Toolkit project.
This package provides ZCML directives for configuring browser views. More specifically it defines the following ZCML directives:
These directives also support menu item registration for pages, when zope.browsermenu package is installed. Otherwise, they simply ignore the menu attribute.
- Added support for Python 3.3.
- When registering views, no longer pass the deprecated ‘layer’ agrument to zope.component.registerAdapter. Instead, pass (for_, layer) as expected (forward-compatibility with zope.component 4.0.0).
- Replaced deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Dropped support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Fixed unit tests broken under Python 2.4 by the switch to the standard library doctest module.
- Prefer the standard library’s doctest module to the one from zope.testing.
- Move the implementation of tales:expressiontype here from zope.app.pagetemplate.
- Move the named template implementation here from zope.app.pagetemplate.
- Depend on the untrustedpython extra of zope.security, since we import from zope.pagetemplate.engine.
- Remove the dependency on zope.app.pagetemplate by moving viewpagetemplatefile, simpleviewclass and metaconfigure.registerType into this package.
- Initial release. This package was split off from zope.app.publisher.