Zope Component Architecture
This package is intended to be independently reusable in any Python project. It is maintained by the Zope Toolkit project.
This package represents the core of the Zope Component Architecture. Together with the zope.interface package, it provides facilities for defining, registering and looking up components.
Please see https://zopecomponent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ for the documentation.
- Add support for Python 3.8.
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
- Fix tests on Python 2 following changes in ZODB 5.5.0.
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Always install zope.hookable as a dependency (the hook extra is now empty). zope.hookable respects the PURE_PYTHON environment variable, and has an optional C extension.
- Make accessing names that have been moved to zope.interface produce a DeprecationWarning.
- Remove obsolete call of searchInterface from interfaceToName. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.component/issues/32
- Add support for Python 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 3.3.
- Drop support for “setup.py test”.
- Code coverage reports are now produced and hosted by coveralls.io, and PRs must keep them at 100%.
- Internal test code in zope.component.testfiles has been adjusted and in some cases removed.
- When testing PURE_PYTHON environments under tox, avoid poisoning the user’s global wheel cache.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Fix test cases for PyPy and PyPy3.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Update boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Reset the cached adapter_hooks at zope.testing.cleanup.cleanUp time (LP1100501).
- Implement ability to specify adapter and utility names in Python. Use the @zope.component.named(name) decorator to specify the name.
- Change “ZODB3” depdendency to “persistent”.
- tox now runs all tests for Python 3.2 and 3.3.
- Enable buildout for Python 3.
- Fix new failing tests.
- Flesh out PyPI Trove classifiers.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Add PyPy and Python 3.2 support:
- Security support omitted until zope.security ported.
- Persistent registry support omitted until ZODB ported (or persistent factored out).
- Bring unit test coverage to 100%.
- Remove the long-deprecated layer argument to the zope.component.zcml.view and zope.component.zcml.resource ZCML directives.
- Add support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Got tests to run using setup.py test.
- Add Sphinx documentation.
- Add setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Add setup.py dev alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Wrap with site(foo) in try/finally (LP768151).
- Add convenience function zope.component.hooks.site (a contextmanager), so one can write with site(foo): ....
- Move code from zope.component.registry which implements a basic nonperistent component registry to zope.interface.registry. This code was moved from zope.component into zope.interface to make porting systems (such as Pyramid) that rely only on a basic component registry to Python 3 possible without needing to port the entirety of the zope.component package. Backwards compatibility import shims have been left behind in zope.component, so this change will not break any existing code.
- Move interfaces from zope.component.interfaces to zope.interface.interfaces: ComponentLookupError, Invalid, IObjectEvent, ObjectEvent, IComponentLookup, IRegistration, IUtilityRegistration, IAdapterRegistration, ISubscriptionAdapterRegistration, IHandlerRegistration, IRegistrationEvent, RegistrationEvent, IRegistered, Registered, IUnregistered, Unregistered, IComponentRegistry, and IComponents. Backwards compatibility shims left in place.
- Depend on zope.interface >= 3.8.0.
- Remove the docs extra and the sphinxdoc recipe.
- Create a security extra to move security-related dependencies out of the test extra.
- Use the new zope.testrunner package for tests.
- Add a basic test for the configure.zcml file provided.
- Fix test requirements specification.
- Prefer the standard library doctest to the one from zope.testing.
- The ZCML directives provided by zope.component now register the components in the registry returned by getSiteManager instead of the global registry. This change allows the hooking of the getSiteManager method before the load of a ZCML file to register the components in a custom registry.
- Fix a bug introduced by recent refactoring, where passing CheckerPublic to securityAdapterFactory wrongly wrapped the factory into a LocatingUntrustedAdapterFactory.
- Modify the tests to avoid allowing the tested testrunner to be influenced by options of the outer testrunner, such a the -v option.
- Add testlayer support. It is now possible to load a ZCML file within tests more easily. See src/zope/component/testlayer.py and src/zope/component/testlayer.txt.
- Remove the dependencies on zope.proxy and zope.security from the zcml extra: zope.component no longer has a hard dependency on them; the support for security proxied components ZCML registrations is enabled only if zope.security and zope.proxy are available.
- Move the IPossibleSite and ISite interfaces here from zope.location as they are dealing with zope.component’s concept of a site, but not with location.
- Move the zope.site.hooks functionality to zope.component.hooks as it isn’t actually dealing with zope.site’s concept of a site.
Fix a problem, where queryNextUtility could fail if the context could not be adapted to a IComponentLookup.
Fix 2 related bugs:
When a utility is registered and there was previously a utility registered for the same interface and name, then the old utility is unregistered. The 2 bugs related to this:
- There was no Unregistered for the implicit unregistration. Now there is.
- The old utility was still held and returned by getAllUtilitiesRegisteredFor. In other words, it was still considered registered, eeven though it wasn’t. A particularly negative consequence of this is that the utility is held in memory or in the database even though it isn’t used.
- Ensure that HookableTests are run by the testrunner.
- Add zope:view and zope:resource implementations into zope.component.zcml (dependency loaded with zope.component [zcml]).
IMPORTANT: the interfaces that were defined in the zope.component.bbb.interfaces and deprecated for years are now (re)moved. However, some packages, including part of zope framework were still using those interfaces. They will be adapted for this change. If you were using some of those interfaces, you need to adapt your code as well:
Move IView and IDefaultViewName to zope.publisher.interfaces.
Move IResource to zope.app.publisher.interfaces.
Remove IContextDependent, IPresentation, IPresentationRequest, IResourceFactory, and IViewFactory completely.
If you used IViewFactory in context of zope.app.form, there’s now IWidgetFactory in the zope.app.form.interfaces instead.
Move getNextUtility / queryNextUtility functions here from zope.site (they were in zope.app.component even earlier).
Add a pure-Python hookable implementation, for use when zope.hookable is not present.
Remove use of zope.deferredimport by breaking import cycles.
Cleanup package documentation and changelog a bit. Add sphinx-based documentation building command to the buildout.
Remove deprecated code.
Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, because zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Fix bug introduced in 3.5.0: <utility factory="..."> no longer supported interfaces declared in Python and always wanted an explicit provides="..." attribute. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/251865
- Support registration of utilities via factories through the component registry and return factory information in the registration information. Fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/240631
- Optimize un/registerUtility by storing an optimized data structure for efficient retrieval of already registered utilities. This avoids looping over all utilities when registering a new one.
No further changes since 3.4.0a1.
Corresponds to zope.component from Zope 3.4.0a1.
- In the Zope 3.3.x series, zope.component was simplified yet once more. See http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/LocalComponentManagementSimplification for the proposal describing the changes.
- Fix packaging bug: package_dir must be a relative path.
- Packaging change: suppress inclusion of setup.cfg in sdist builds.
Corresponds to the verison of the zope.component package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
- Deprecated services and related APIs. The adapter and utility registries are now available directly via the site manager’s ‘adapters’ and ‘utilities’ attributes, respectively. Services are accessible, but deprecated, and will be removed in Zope 3.3.
- Deprecated all presentation-related APIs, including all view-related API functions. Use the adapter API functions instead. See http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ImplementViewsAsAdapters`
- Deprecated contextdependent package: site managers are now looked up via a thread global, set during URL traversal. The context argument is now always optional, and should no longer be passed.
Corresponds to the verison of the zope.component package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zope.component-4.6.tar.gz (85.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|