Zope Component Architecture
This package is intended to be independently reusable in any Python project. It is maintained by the Zope Toolkit project.
This package represents the core of the Zope Component Architecture. Together with the ‘zope.interface’ package, it provides facilities for defining, registering and looking up components.
Please see http://docs.zope.org/zope.component/ for the documentation.
- 4.2.1 (2014-03-19)
- 4.2.0 (2014-02-05)
- 4.1.0 (2013-02-28)
- 4.0.2 (2012-12-31)
- 4.0.1 (2012-11-21)
- 4.0.0 (2012-07-02)
- 3.12.1 (2012-04-02)
- 3.12.0 (2011-11-16)
- 3.11.0 (2011-09-22)
- 3.10.0 (2010-09-25)
- 3.9.5 (2010-07-09)
- 3.9.4 (2010-04-30)
- 3.9.3 (2010-03-08)
- 3.9.2 (2010-01-22)
- 3.9.1 (2010-01-21)
- 3.9.0 (2010-01-21)
- 3.8.0 (2009-11-16)
- 3.7.1 (2009-07-24)
- 3.7.0 (2009-05-21)
- 3.6.0 (2009-03-12)
- 3.5.1 (2008-07-25)
- 3.5.0 (2008-07-25)
- 3.4.0 (2007-09-29)
- 3.4.0a1 (2007-04-22)
- 18.104.22.168 (2006-04-15)
- 22.214.171.124 (2006-04-14)
- 3.2.0 (2006-01-05)
- 3.0.0 (2004-11-07)
- Added support for Python 3.4.
- Updated boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Reset the cached adapter_hooks at zope.testing.cleanup.cleanUp time (LP1100501).
- Implemented ability to specify adapter and utility names in Python. Use the @zope.component.named(name) decorator to specify the name.
- Changed “ZODB3” depdendency to “persistent”.
- tox now runs all tests for Python 3.2 and 3.3.
- Enable buildout for Python 3.
- Fixed new failing tests.
- Fleshed out PyPI Trove classifiers.
- Added support for Python 3.3.
- Added PyPy and Python 3.2 support:
- Security support omitted until zope.security ported.
- Persistent registry support omitted until ZODB ported (or persistent factored out).
- 100% unit test coverage.
- Removed the long-deprecated layer argument to the zope.component.zcml.view and zope.component.zcml.resource ZCML directives.
- Added support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Got tests to run using setup.py test.
- Added Sphinx documentation.
- Added setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Added setup.py dev alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Wrap with site(foo) in try/finally (LP768151).
- Add convenience function zope.component.hooks.site (a contextmanager), so one can write with site(foo): ....
- Moved code from zope.component.registry which implements a basic nonperistent component registry to zope.interface.registry. This code was moved from zope.component into zope.interface to make porting systems (such as Pyramid) that rely only on a basic component registry to Python 3 possible without needing to port the entirety of the zope.component package. Backwards compatibility import shims have been left behind in zope.component, so this change will not break any existing code.
- Interfaces moved from zope.component.interfaces to zope.interface.interfaces: ComponentLookupError, Invalid, IObjectEvent, ObjectEvent, IComponentLookup, IRegistration, IUtilityRegistration, IAdapterRegistration, ISubscriptionAdapterRegistration, IHandlerRegistration, IRegistrationEvent, RegistrationEvent, IRegistered, Registered, IUnregistered, Unregistered, IComponentRegistry, and IComponents. Backwards compatibility shims left in place.
- Depend on zope.interface >= 3.8.0.
- Got rid of the docs extra and the sphinxdoc recipe.
- Created a “security” extra to move security-related dependencies out of the “test” extra.
- Use the new zope.testrunner package for tests.
- Added a basic test for the configure.zcml file provided.
- Fix test requirements specification.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module to the one from zope.testing.
- The ZCML directives provided by zope.component now register the components in the registry returned by getSiteManager instead of the global registry. This allows the hooking of the getSiteManager method before the load of a ZCML file to register the components in a custom registry.
- Fixed a bug introduced by recent refactoring, where passing CheckerPublic to securityAdapterFactory wrongly wrapped the factory into a LocatingUntrustedAdapterFactory.
- The tested testrunner somehow gets influenced by options of the outer testrunner, such a the -v option. We modified the tests so that it avoids this.
- Add testlayer support. It is now possible to load a ZCML file within tests more easily. See zope.component.testlayer.py and zope.component.testlayer.txt.
- Removed the dependencies on zope.proxy and zope.security from the zcml extra: zope.component does not hard depend on them anymore; the support for security proxied components ZCML registrations is enabled only if zope.security and zope.proxy are available.
- Moved the IPossibleSite and ISite interfaces here from zope.location as they are dealing with zope.component’s concept of a site, but not with location.
- Moved the zope.site.hooks functionality to zope.component.hooks as it isn’t actually dealing with zope.site’s concept of a site.
Fixed a problem, where queryNextUtility could fail if the context could not be adapted to a IComponentLookup.
Fixed 2 related bugs:
When a utility is registered and there was previously a utility registered for the same interface and name, then the old utility is unregistered. The 2 bugs related to this:
- There was no Unregistered for the implicit unregistration. Now there is.
- The old utility was still held and returned by getAllUtilitiesRegisteredFor. In other words, it was still considered registered, eeven though it wasn’t. A particularly negative consequence of this is that the utility is held in memory or in the database even though it isn’t used.
- The HookableTests were not run by the testrunner.
- Add in zope:view and zope:resource implementations into zope.component.zcml (dependency loaded with zope.component [zcml]).
IMPORTANT: the interfaces that were defined in the zope.component.bbb.interfaces and deprecated for years are now (re)moved. However, some packages, including part of zope framework were still using those interfaces. They will be adapted for this change. If you were using some of those interfaces, you need to adapt your code as well:
The IView and IDefaultViewName were moved to zope.publisher.interfaces.
The IResource was moved to zope.app.publisher.interfaces.
IContextDependent, IPresentation, IPresentationRequest, IResourceFactory, IViewFactory were removed completely.
If you used IViewFactory in context of zope.app.form, there’s now IWidgetFactory in the zope.app.form.interfaces instead.
Add getNextUtility/queryNextUtility functions that used to be in zope.site earlier (and in zope.app.component even more earlier).
Added a pure-Python ‘hookable’ implementation, for use when ‘zope.hookable’ is not present.
Removed use of ‘zope.deferredimport’ by breaking import cycles.
Cleanup package documentation and changelog a bit. Add sphinx-based documentation building command to the buildout.
Remove deprecated code.
Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, because zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Fix bug introduced in 3.5.0: <utility factory=”…”> no longer supported interfaces declared in Python and always wanted an explicit provides=”…” attribute. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/251865
- Support registration of utilities via factories through the component registry and return factory information in the registration information. This fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/240631
- Optimized un/registerUtility via storing an optimized data structure for efficient retrieval of already registered utilities. This avoids looping over all utilities when registering a new one.
No further changes since 3.4.0a1.
Corresponds to zope.component from Zope 3.4.0a1.
- In the Zope 3.3.x series, zope.component was simplified yet once more. See http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/LocalComponentManagementSimplification for the proposal describing the changes.
- Fix packaging bug: ‘package_dir’ must be a relative path.
- Packaging change: suppress inclusion of ‘setup.cfg’ in ‘sdist’ builds.
Corresponds to the verison of the zope.component package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
- Deprecated services and related APIs. The adapter and utility registries are now available directly via the site manager’s ‘adapters’ and ‘utilities’ attributes, respectively. Services are accessible, but deprecated, and will be removed in Zope 3.3.
- Deprectaed all presentation-related APIs, including all view-related API functions. Use the adapter API functions instead. See http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ImplementViewsAsAdapters`
- Deprecated ‘contextdependent’ package: site managers are now looked up via a thread global, set during URL traversal. The ‘context’ argument is now always optional, and should no longer be passed.
Corresponds to the verison of the zope.component package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.