Zope Configuration Markup Language (ZCML)
The zope configuration system provides an extensible system for supporting various kinds of configurations.
It is based on the idea of configuration directives. Users of the configuration system provide configuration directives in some language that express configuration choices. The intent is that the language be pluggable. An XML language is provided by default.
Please see http://docs.zope.org/zope.configuration/ for the documentation.
- Fleshed out PyPI Trove classifiers.
- Removed spurious declaration of ‘test’ dependency on zope.testing.
- Added support for Python 3.3.
- Removed the deprecated ‘zope.configuration.stxdocs’ script. and made the ‘zope.configuration.tests.conditions’ helper module (used in running Sphinx doctest snippets) Py3k compatible. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.configuration/+bug/1025390
- 100% unit test coverage.
- Automated build of Sphinx HTML docs and running doctest snippets via tox.
- Dropped hard testing dependency on zope.testing.
- Added explicit support for PyPy.
- Added explicit support for Python 3.2.
- Dropped explicit support for Python 2.4 / 2.5.
- Added support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Added Sphinx documentation.
- Added setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Added setup.py dev alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Fixed Python 2.4 backwards incompat (itemgetter used with multiple args); Python 2.4 now works (at least if you use zope.schema == 3.8.1). This is the last release which will support Python 2.4 or 2.5.
- Action structures changed from tuples to dictionaries to allow for action structure extensibility (merged chrism-dictactions branch).
- Test fixes for Windows.
- Correctly locate packages with a __path__ attribute but no __file__ attribute (such as namespace packages installed with setup.py install –single-version-externally-managed).
- Allow “info” and “includepath” to be passed optionally to context.action.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module over zope.testing.doctest.
- Jython support: use __builtin__ module import rather than assuming __builtins__ is available.
- Jython support: deal with the fact that the Jython SAX parser returns attribute sets that have an empty string indicating no namespace instead of None.
- Allow setup.py test to run at least a subset of the tests that would be run when using the zope testrunner: setup.py test runs 53 tests, while bin/test runs 156.
- Adjust testing output to newer zope.schema.
- Prefer zope.testing.doctest over doctestunit.
- Removed dependency of zope.deprecation package.
- Don’t suppress deprecation warnings any more in ‘zope.configuration’ package level. This makes it more likely other packages will generate deprecation warnings now, which will allow us to remove more outdated ones.
- Don’t fail when zope.testing is not installed.
- Added missing processFile method to IConfigurationContext. It is already implemented in the mix-in class, zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationContext, and used by implementations of include and exclude directives.
- Added the exclude directive to standard directives. It was previously available via zc.configuration package and now it’s merged into zope.configuration.
- Changed package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, change “cheeseshop” to “pypi” in the package’s url.
- Use built-in ‘set’ type, rather than importin the ‘sets’ module, which is deprecated in Python 2.6.
- Added support to bootstrap on Jython.
- Initial release as a standalone package.
This package was part of the Zope 3 distribution and did not have its own CHANGES.txt. For earlier changes please refer to either our subversion log or the CHANGES.txt of earlier Zope 3 releases.