This package supports the efficient creation of “hookable” objects, which are callable objects that are meant to be optionally replaced.
The idea is that you create a function that does some default thing and make it hookable. Later, someone can modify what it does by calling its sethook method and changing its implementation. All users of the function, including those that imported it, will see the change.
Documentation is hosted at https://zopehookable.readthedocs.io
- Drop support for Python 2.6, 3.2 and 3.3.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Update boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Fix extension compilation on Py3k.
- Flesh out PyPI Trove classifiers.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Avoid building the C extension explicitly (use the “feature” indirection instead). https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.hookable/+bug/1025470
- Add support for PyPy.
- Add support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Add a pure-Python reference implementation.
- Move doctests to Sphinx documentation.
- Bring unit test coverage to 100%.
- Add ‘setup.py docs’ alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Add ‘setup.py dev’ alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Drop support for Python 2.4 / 2.5.
- Remove of ‘zope.testing.doctestunit’ in favor of stdlib’s ‘doctest.
- Add Python 3 support.
- Update for compatibility with Python 2.6 traceback formats.
- Use Jython-compatible bootstrap.py.
- Initial release as a separate project.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.