Make standalone ZEO database server instances
Project DescriptionRelease History Download Files
This package provides a single script, mkzeoinstance, which creates a standalone ZEO server instance.
- Fix generated runzeo and zeoctl scripts to run with ZEO 5.
- 100% unit test coverage.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6.
- Move dependency from ZODB3 -> [zdaemon, ZODB, ZEO]. Even though this package doesn’t actually import anything from the last two, the generated instance won’t be usable unless the host python has them installed.
- Add support for testing on Travis, and with tox.
- Place the socket used by the zeoctl control process to conmmunicate with its runzeo daemaon in $INSTANCE_HOME/var, instead of $INSTANCE_HOME/etc (which would idealy not be writable by the process). See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.mkzeoinstance/+bug/175981
- Rename the script / package mkzeoinstance to avoid clashing with the script bundled with ZODB.
- Add an option to spell the host interface to be listened on, as well as the port the generated ZEO server configuration. Thanks to Igor Stroh for the patch. See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/143361
- Fix generated templates to cope with the move of zdaemon code into its own project.
- Fork from the version of the mkzeoinst script contained in ZODB 3.9.4.