zope.interface extension for defining data schemas
Schemas extend the notion of interfaces to detailed descriptions of Attributes (but not methods). Every schema is an interface and specifies the public fields of an object. A field roughly corresponds to an attribute of a Python object. But a Field provides space for at least a title and a description. It can also constrain its value and provide a validation method. Besides you can optionally specify characteristics such as its value being read-only or not required.
See https://zopeschema.readthedocs.io/ for more information.
- Drop support for Python 2.6, 3.2, and 3.3.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for ‘setup.py test’. Use zope.testrunner instead.
- Fix description of min max field: max value is included, not excluded.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add an event on field properties to notify that a field has been updated. This event enables definition of subscribers based on an event, a context and a field. The event contains also the old value and the new value. (also see package zope.schemaevent that define a field event handler)
- PEP 8 cleanup.
- Don’t raise RequiredMissing if a field’s defaultFactory returns the field’s missing_value.
- Update boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Add the ability to swallow ValueErrors when rendering a SimpleVocabulary, allowing for cases where vocabulary items may be duplicated (e.g., due to user input).
- Include the field name in ConstraintNotSatisfied.
- Fix Python 2.6 support. (Forgot to run tox with all environments before last release.)
- Make sure that we do not fail during bytes decoding of term token when generated from a bytes value by ignoring all errors. (Another option would have been to hexlify the value, but that would break way too many tests.)
- Fix a bug where bytes values were turned into tokens inproperly in Python 3.
- Add createFieldProperties() function which maps schema fields into FieldProperty instances.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Fix the default property of fields that have no defaultFactory attribute.
- Automate build of Sphinx HTML docs and running doctest snippets via tox.
- Drop explicit support for Python 3.1.
- Introduce NativeString and NativeStringLine which are equal to Bytes and BytesLine on Python 2 and Text and TextLine on Python 3.
- Change IURI from a Bytes string to a “native” string. This is a backwards incompatibility which only affects Python 3.
- Bring unit test coverage to 100%.
- Move doctests from the package and wired up as normal Sphinx documentation.
- Add explicit support for PyPy.
- Add support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Drop the external six dependency in favor of a much-trimmed zope.schema._compat module.
- Ensure tests pass when run under nose.
- Add setup.py dev alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Add setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
- Remove trailing slash in MANIFEST.in, it causes Winbot to crash.
- Add TreeVocabulary for nested tree-like vocabularies.
- Fix broken Object field validation where the schema contains a Choice with ICountextSourceBinder source. In this case the vocabulary was not iterable because the field was not bound and the source binder didn’t return the real vocabulary. Added simple test for IContextSourceBinder validation. But a test with an Object field with a schema using a Choice with IContextSourceBinder is still missing.
- Fix bug in fromUnicode method of DottedName which would fail validation on being given unicode. Introduced in 4.0.0.
- Fix deprecated unittest methods.
- Port to Python 3. This adds a dependency on six and removes support for Python 2.5.
- Fix broken Object field validation. Previous version was using a volatile property on object field values which ends in a ForbiddenAttribute error on security proxied objects.
Implement a defaultFactory attribute for all fields. It is a callable that can be used to compute default values. The simplest case is:
If the factory needs a context to compute a sensible default value, then it must provide IContextAwareDefaultFactory, which can be used as follows:
@provider(IContextAwareDefaultFactory) def today(context): return context.today() Date(defaultFactory=today)
- Rename the validation token, used in the validation of schema with Object Field to avoid infinite recursion: __schema_being_validated became _v_schema_being_validated, a volatile attribute, to avoid persistency and therefore, read/write conflicts.
- Don’t allow “^`” in DottedName. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.schema/+bug/191236
- Improve error messages when term tokens or values are duplicates.
- Fix the buildout so the tests run.
- fix validation of schema with Object Field that specify Interface schema.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module to the one from zope.testing.
- Avoid maximum recursion when validating Object field that points to cycles
- Make the dependency on zope.i18nmessageid optional.
- Allow “setup.py test” to run at least a subset of the tests runnable via bin/test (227 for setup.py test vs. 258. for bin/test)
- Make zope.schema._bootstrapfields.ValidatedProperty descriptor work under Jython.
- Make “setup.py test” tests pass on Jython.
- Prefer zope.testing.doctest over doctestunit.
- Extend validation error to hold the field name.
- Add FieldProperty class that uses Field.get and Field.set methods instead of storing directly on the instance __dict__.
- Don’t fail trying to validate default value for Choice fields with IContextSourceBinder object given as a source. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/340416.
- Add an interface for DottedName field.
- Add vocabularyName attribute to the IChoice interface, change “vocabulary” attribute description to be more sensible, making it zope.schema.Field instead of plain zope.interface.Attribute.
- Make IBool interface of Bool more important than IFromUnicode so adapters registered for IBool take precendence over adapters registered for IFromUnicode.
- Make Choice and Bool fields implement IFromUnicode interface, because they do provide the fromUnicode method.
- Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, as zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Fix package’s documentation formatting. Change package’s description.
- Add buildout part that builds Sphinx-generated documentation.
- Remove zpkg-related file.
- Made validation tests compatible with Python 2.5 again (hopefully not breaking Python 2.4)
- Add an __all__ package attribute to expose documentation.
- Stop using the old old set type.
- Make tests compatible and silent with Python 2.4.
- Fix __cmp__ method in ValidationError. Show some side effects based on the existing __cmp__ implementation. See validation.txt
- Make ‘repr’ of the ValidationError and its subclasses more sensible. This may require you to adapt your doctests for the new style, but now it makes much more sense for debugging for developers.
- Move zope.testing to “test” extras_require, as it is not needed for zope.schema itself.
- Change the order of classes in SET_TYPES tuple, introduced in previous release to one that was in 3.4 (SetType, set), because third-party code could be dependent on that order. The one example is z3c.form’s converter.
- Add the doctests to the long description.
- Remove use of deprecated ‘sets’ module when running under Python 2.6.
- Remove spurious doctest failure when running under Python 2.6.
- Add support to bootstrap on Jython.
- Add helper methods for schema validation: getValidationErrors and getSchemaValidationErrors.
- zope.schema now works on Python2.5
Add BeforeObjectAssignedEvent that is triggered before the object field sets a value.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.3.0 release.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.1 release.
Fix missing import of ‘VocabularyRegistryError’. See http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/544 .
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
Add “iterable” sources to replace vocabularies, which are now deprecated and scheduled for removal in Zope 3.3.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.1.0 release.
Allow ‘Choice’ fields to take either a ‘vocabulary’ or a ‘source’ argument (sources are a simpler implementation).
Add ‘TimeDelta’ and ‘ASCIILine’ field types.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|zope.schema-4.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (66.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Jul 10, 2017|
|zope.schema-4.5.0.tar.gz (77.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 10, 2017|