Zope Template Application Language Expression Syntax (TALES)
zope.tales (Template Attribute Language - Expression Syntax) is an expression language designed to work with zope.tal (although it can be used independently). The two are integrated to produce page templates in zope.pagetemplate.
The specification for TAL and TALES can be found at https://pagetemplates.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Documentation on this implementation and its API can be found at https://zopetales.readthedocs.io/
- Packaging and test configuration cleanups
- Improve PathExpr reusability Provide customizable support for the use of builtins in path expressions (#23)
- Cleanups for Plone 5.2:
- in path alternatives, whitespace can now surround |,
- non-ASCII in SubPathExpr now raises a CompilerError (instead of a UnicodeEncodeError; to be compatible with the chameleon template engine).
- Fix problem with list comprehensions not working in Python 3. This was due to the code not detecting variables used in side those expressions properly.
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
- Fix test failures and deprecation warnings occurring when using Python 3.8a1. (#15)
- Flake8 the code.
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Host documentation at https://zopetales.readthedocs.io
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6, 3.2 and 3.3.
- Drop support for python setup.py test.
- Reach 100% test coverage and maintain it via tox.ini and Travis CI.
- Add support for Python 3.2 and PyPy3.
Support for PyPy3 is pending release of a fix for: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issue/1946
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add support for testing on Travis.
- Add missing six dependency
- Fix a previously untested Python 3.3 compatibility problem.
- Remove hard dependency on zope.tal, which was already conditionalized but required via setup.py.
- Add support for Python 3.3 and PyPy.
- Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Fix documentation link in README.txt
- Subexpressions of a ‘string:’ expression can be only path expressions. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.tales/+bug/1002242
- Remove use of zope.testing.doctestunit in favor of stdlib’s ‘doctest.
- Port the lazy expression from Products.PageTemplates.
- Update package setup.
- Initial release outside the Zope 3 trunk.
- Corresponds to the verison of the zope.tales package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
- Documentation / test fixes.
- Corresponds to the verison of the zope.tales package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zope.tales-5.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (32.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size zope.tales-5.1.tar.gz (32.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for zope.tales-5.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl