Zope testing helpers
This package provides a number of testing frameworks.
For complete documentation, see https://zopetesting.readthedocs.io
Provides a mixin class for cleaning up after tests that make global changes.
An HTML parser that extracts form information.
This is intended to support functional tests that need to extract information from HTML forms returned by the publisher.
Support for testing logging code
If you want to test that your code generates proper log output, you can create and install a handler that collects output.
Logging handler for tests that check logging output.
Lets a doctest pretend to be a Python module.
Regular expression pattern normalizing output checker. Useful for doctests.
Provides a simple HTTP server compatible with the zope.app.testing functional testing API. Lets you interactively play with the system under test. Helpful in debugging functional doctest failures.
Python 2 only
A simple framework for automating doctest set-up and tear-down.
A small utility for dealing with timing non-determinism
Support for defining doctests as methods of unittest.TestCase classes so that they can be more easily found by test runners, like nose, that ignore test suites.
Getting started developing zope.testing
zope.testing uses tox. To start, install tox using pip install tox. Now, run tox to run the zope.testing test suite.
- Show deprecation warnings when importing modules which are not ported to Python 3.
- Improve test coverage.
- Port zope.testing.formparser to Python 3.
- Add support for Python 3.10.
- Make setupstack.txt test work again if the current directory is empty.
- Add support for Python 3.8 and 3.9.
- Drop support for Python 3.3 and 3.4.
- Extend IGNORE_EXCEPTION_MODULE_IN_PYTHON2 to cover also exceptions without arguments (thus without a colon on the last line of the traceback output).
- Added support for Python 3.7.
- Remove dependencies on zope.interface and zope.exceptions; they’re not used here.
- Remove use of 2to3 for outdated versions of PyPy3, letting us build universal wheels.
- Add support for Python 3.6.
- Introduce option flag IGNORE_EXCEPTION_MODULE_IN_PYTHON2 to normalize exception class names in traceback output. In Python 3 they are displayed as the full dotted name. In Python 2 they are displayed as “just” the class name. When running doctests in Python 3, the option flag will not have any effect, however when running the same test in Python 2, the segments in the full dotted name leading up to the class name are stripped away from the “expected” string.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Cleaned up useless 2to3 conversion.
Added meta data for test case methods created with zope.testing.doctestcase.
- Reasonable values for __name__, making sure that __name__ starts with test.
- For doctestfile methods, provide filename and filepath attributes.
The meta data us useful, for example, for selecting tests with the nose attribute mechanism.
Define multiple doctest files at once.
Automatically assign test class members. So rather than:
class MYTests(unittest.TestCase): ... test_foo = doctestcase.doctestfile('foo.txt')
You can use:
@doctestcase.doctestfiles('foo.txt', 'bar.txt', ...) class MYTests(unittest.TestCase): ...
- Added zope.testing.setupstack.mock as a convenience function for setting up mocks in tests. (The Python mock package must be in the path for this to work. The excellent mock package isn’t a dependency of zope.testing.)
- Added the base class zope.testing.setupstack.TestCase to make it much easier to use zope.testing.setupstack in unittest test cases.
- Added support for creating doctests as methods of unittest.TestCase classes so that they can found automatically by test runners, like nose that ignore test suites.
- Actually remove long-deprecated zope.testing.doctest (announced as removed in 4.0.0) and zope.testing.doctestunit.
- Add support for PyPy and PyPy3.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Update boostrap.py to version 2.2.
- Adjust Trove classifiers to reflect the currently supported Python versions. Officially drop Python 2.4 and 2.5. Add Python 3.3.
- LP: #1055720: Fix failing test on Python 3.3 due to changed exception messaging.
- Fix: Windows test failure.
- Add context-manager support to zope.testing.setupstack
- Make zope.testing.setupstack usable with all tests, not just doctests and added zope.testing.setupstack.globs, which makes it easier to write test setup code that workes with doctests and other kinds of tests.
- Add the wait module, which makes it easier to deal with non-deterministic timing issues.
- Rename zope.testing.renormalizing.RENormalizing to zope.testing.renormalizing.OutputChecker. The old name is an alias.
- Update tests to run with Python 3.
- Label more clearly which features are supported by Python 3.
- Reorganize documentation.
- Remove the deprecated zope.testing.doctest.
- Add Python 3 support.
- Fix test which fails if there is a file named Data.fs in the current working directory.
- Fix test of broken symlink handling to not break on Windows.
- Fix removal of broken symlinks on Unix.
- Remove zope.testing.testrunner, which now is moved to zope.testrunner.
- Update fix for LP #221151 to a spelling compatible with Python 2.4.
- LP #579019: When layers are run in parallel, ensure that each tearDown is called, including the first layer which is run in the main thread.
- Deprecate zope.testing.testrunner and zope.testing.exceptions. They have been moved to a separate zope.testrunner module, and will be removed from zope.testing in 4.0.0, together with zope.testing.doctest.
LP #560259: Fix subunit output formatter to handle layer setup errors.
LP #399394: Add a --stop-on-error / --stop / -x option to the testrunner.
LP #498162: Add a --pdb alias for the existing --post-mortem / -D option to the testrunner.
LP #547023: Add a --version option to the testrunner.
Add tests for LP #144569 and #69988.
- Remove import of zope.testing.doctest from zope.testing.renormalizer.
- Suppress output to sys.stderr in testrunner-layers-ntd.txt.
- Suppress zope.testing.doctest deprecation warning when running our own test suite.
- Fix broken from zope.testing.doctest import *
- No changes; reupload to fix broken 3.9.0 release on PyPI.
- Modify the testrunner to use the standard Python doctest module instead of the deprecated zope.testing.doctest.
- Fix testrunner-leaks.txt to use the run_internal helper, so that sys.exit isn’t triggered during the test run.
- Add support for conditionally using a subunit-based output formatter upon request if subunit and testtools are available. Patch contributed by Jonathan Lange.
- Downgrade the zope.testing.doctest deprecation warning into a PendingDeprecationWarning.
- Add MANIFEST.in and reupload to fix broken 3.8.5 release on PyPI.
- Add back DocFileSuite, DocTestSuite, debug_src and debug BBB imports back into zope.testing.doctestunit; apparently many packages still import them from there!
- Deprecate zope.testing.doctest and zope.testing.doctestunit in favor of the stdlib doctest module.
- Fix missing imports and undefined variables reported by pyflakes, adding tests to exercise the blind spots.
- Cleaned up unused imports reported by pyflakes.
- Add two new options to generate randomly ordered list of tests and to select a specific order of tests.
- Allow combining RENormalizing checkers via + now: checker1 + checker2 creates a checker with the transformations of both checkers.
- Fix tests under Python 2.7.
- Fix test failures due to using split() on filenames when running from a directory with spaces in it.
- Fix testrunner behavior on Windows for -j2 (or greater) combined with -v (or greater).
- Remove hotshot profiler when using Python 2.6. That makes zope.testing compatible with Python 2.6
- Avoid hardcoding sys.argv as script; allow, for instance, Zope 2’s bin/instance test (LP#407916).
- Produce a clear error message when a subprocess doesn’t follow the zope.testing.testrunner protocol (LP#407916).
- Avoid unnecessarily squelching verbose output in a subprocess when there are not multiple subprocesses.
- Avoid unnecessarily batching subprocess output, which can stymie automated and human processes for identifying hung tests.
- Include incremental output when there are multiple subprocesses and a verbosity of -vv or greater is requested. This again is not batched, supporting automated processes and humans looking for hung tests.
- Allow testrunner to include descendants of unittest.TestCase in test modules, which no longer need to provide test_suite().
- Clean up support for displaying tracebacks with supplements by turning it into an always-enabled feature and making the dependency on zope.exceptions explicit.
- Fix #251759: prevent the testrunner descending into directories that aren’t Python packages.
- Code cleanups.
- Add zope-testrunner console_scripts entry point. This exposes a zope-testrunner script with default installs allowing the testrunner to be run from the command line.
- Fix bug when running subprocesses on Windows.
- The option REPORT_ONLY_FIRST_FAILURE (command line option “-1”) is now respected even when a doctest declares its own REPORTING_FLAGS, such as REPORT_NDIFF.
- Fix bug that broke readline with pdb when using doctest (see http://bugs.python.org/issue5727).
- Make tests pass on Windows and Linux at the same time.
- Filenames of doctest examples now contain the line number and not only the example number. So a stack trace in pdb tells the exact line number of the current example. This fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/339813
- Colorization of doctest output correctly handles blank lines.
- Improve handling of rogue threads: always exit with status so even spinning daemon threads won’t block the runner from exiting. This deprecated the --with-exit-status option.
- Fix test failure on Python 2.4 due to slight difference in the way coverage is reported (__init__ files with only a single comment line are now not reported)
- Fix bug that caused the test runner to hang when running subprocesses (as a result Python 2.3 is no longer supported).
- Work around a bug in Python 2.6 (related to http://bugs.python.org/issue1303673) that causes the profile tests to fail.
- Add explanitory notes to buildout.cfg about how to run the tests with multiple versions of Python
- The setupstack temporary directory support now properly handles read-only files by making them writable before removing them.
- Add alterate setuptools / distutils commands for running all tests using our testrunner. See ‘zope.testing.testrunner.eggsupport:ftest’.
- Add a setuptools-compatible test loader which skips tests with layers: the testrunner used by setup.py test doesn’t know about them, and those tests then fail. See zope.testing.testrunner.eggsupport:SkipLayers.
- Add support for Jython, when a garbage collector call is sent.
- Add support to bootstrap on Jython.
- Fix NameError in StartUpFailure.
- Open doctest files in universal mode, so that packages released on Windows can be tested on Linux, for example.
- Add -j option to parallel tests run in subprocesses.
- RENormalizer accepts plain Python callables.
- Add --slow-test option.
- Add --no-progress and --auto-progress options.
- Complete refactoring of the test runner into multiple code files and a more modular (pipeline-like) architecture.
- Unify unit tests with the layer support by introducing a real unit test layer.
- Add a doctest for zope.testing.module. There were several bugs
that were fixed:
- README.txt was a really bad default argument for the module name, as it is not a proper dotted name. The code would immediately fail as it would look for the txt module in the README package. The default is now __main__.
- The tearDown function did not clean up the __name__ entry in the global dictionary.
- Fix a bug that caused a SubprocessError to be generated if a subprocess sent any output to stderr.
- Fix a bug that caused the unit tests to be skipped if run in a subprocess.
- Invoke post-mortem debugging for layer-setup failures.
- Ensure that the test runner works on Python 2.5.
- Add support for cProfile.
- Add output colorizing (-c option).
- Add --hide-secondary-failures and --show-secondary-failures options (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/115454).
- Fix some problems with Unicode in doctests.
- Fix “Error reading from subprocess” errors on Unix-like systems.
- Add exit-with-status support (supports use with buildbot and zc.recipe.testing)
- Add a small framework for automating set up and tear down of doctest tests. See setupstack.txt.
- Allow testrunner-wo-source.txt and testrunner-errors.txt to run within a read-only source tree.
- Update the doctest copy with text-file encoding support.
- Add logging-level support to the loggingsuppport module.
- At verbosity-level 1, dots are not output continuously, without any line breaks.
- Improve output when the inability to tear down a layer causes tests to be run in a subprocess.
- Make zope.exception required only if the zope_tracebacks extra is requested.
- Fix the test coverage. If a module, for example interfaces, was in an ignored directory/package, then if a module of the same name existed in a covered directory/package, then it was also ignored there, because the ignore cache stored the result by module name and not the filename of the module.
- Release a separate project corresponding to the version of zope.testing shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for zope.testing-4.10-py2.py3-none-any.whl