Diff and patch zip archives whose contents do not have the same names.
zxd3 uses heuristics to try to diff two zips whose contents are related but not named the same. Zip contents never hit the disc except when recreating the target at the final step of -p.
zxd3 patches are not usable by the xdelta3 standalone utility.
zxd3 [-h] [-c source.zip target.zip | -c2 source.zip target.zip patch.zxd3 | -p source.zip patch.zxd3 out-dir]
- optional arguments:
- -h, –help
- show this help message and exit
- -c source.zip target.zip
- create a patch that transforms source zip into target zip and extracts them. Patch will be named as source.zip.zxd3
- -c2 source.zip target.zip patch.zxd3
- create a patch that transforms source zip into target zip and extracts them
- -p source.zip patch.zxd3 out-dir
- apply a patch to source zip and extract contents of the patch to out-dir
Required memory is at least 256mb, possibly more. Each of the 2 zips has a sliding window of 64mb that it fills to create xdelta3 diffs, and the xdelta3 module doesn’t consume memoryview, so the ‘usable’ part of those views has to be converted to bytes array during encoding and decoding.
zxd3 requires python 3.5 or later, mostly because the xdelta3 pypi library requires it.
The project can be installed on linux machines by installing pip3 and running pip3 install –user zxd3 or pip3 install –user https://github.com/i30817/zxd3/archive/master.zip for the latest master.
Since the xdelta3 pypi package has no windows version, this program doesn’t work there currently.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zxd3-1.2.5-py3-none-any.whl (13.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size zxd3-1.2.5.tar.gz (13.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|