51Degrees Mobile Detector.
Device Detection Python API
51Degrees Mobile Detector is a server side mobile detection solution.
- Fixed a bug where an additional compile argument was causing compilation errors with clang.
- Updated the v3-trie-wrapper package to include the Lite Hash Trie data file.
- Updated Lite Pattern data file for November.
- Update Lite Hash Trie data file for November.
Before you start matching user agents, you may wish to configure the solution to use a different database. You can easily generate a sample settings file running the following command
$ 51degrees-mobile-detector settings > ~/51degrees-mobile-detector.settings.py
The core 51degrees-mobile-detector is included as a dependency when installing either the 51degrees-mobile-detector-v3-wrapper or 51degrees-mobile-detector-v3-wrapper packages.
During install a directory which contains your data file will be created in ~\51Degrees.
- DETECTION_METHOD (defaults to ‘v3-wrapper’). Sets the preferred mobile device detection method. Available options are v3-wrapper (requires 51degrees-mobile-detector-v3-wrapper package), v3-trie-wrapper
- PROPERTIES (defaults to ‘’). List of case-sensitive property names to be fetched on every device detection. Leave empty to fetch all available properties.
- LICENCE Your 51Degrees license key for enhanced device data. This is required if you want to set up the automatic 51degrees-mobile-detector-premium-pattern-wrapper package updates.
Trie Detector settings
- V3_TRIE_WRAPPER_DATABASE Location of the Hash Trie data file.
Pattern Detector settings
- V3_WRAPPER_DATABASE Location of the Pattern data file.
- CACHE_SIZE (defaults to 10000). Sets the size of the workset cache.
- POOL_SIZE (defaults to 20). Sets the size of the workset pool.
If you want to set up automatic updates, add your license key to your settings and add the following command to your cron
$ 51degrees-mobile-detector update-premium-pattern-wrapper
NOTE: Currently auto updates are only available with our Pattern API.
By executing the following a useful help page will be displayed explaining basic usage.
To check everything is set up , try fetching a match with
$ 51degrees-mobile-detector match “Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9B176”
Additional examples can be found on our GitHub repository.