Reporting a security issue
We take security very seriously and ask that you follow our security policy carefully.
Important! If you believe you've identified a security issue with PyPI, DO NOT report the issue in any public forum, including (but not limited to):
- Our GitHub issue tracker
- Official or unofficial chat channels
- Official or unofficial mailing lists
If you've identified a security issue with a project hosted on PyPI
Email email@example.com, providing the following details:
- A URL to the project in question
- An explanation of what makes the project a security issue
- If applicable: a link to the problematic lines in the project's distributions via inspector.pypi.io
Valid malware reports may include examples of typo-squatting, dependency confusion, data exfiltration, obfustication, command/control, etc.
If you've identified a security issue with PyPI itself (not a project hosted on PyPI)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing as much relevant information as possible, including reproducing steps.
What happens next?
Once you've submitted an issue via email, you should receive an acknowledgment within 48 hours.
Depending on the action to be taken, you may receive further follow-up emails.
This security policy was last updated on June 2022.