An Artificial Chemistry Tookit
PyAChemKit is a collection of Artificial Chemistry software written in Python - a library and collection of tools.
Artificial Chemistry (AChem) is a spin-off topic of Artificial Life. AChem is aimed at emergence of life from non-living environment - primordial soup etc.
To install on Ubuntu Linux, run
sudo easy_install -U AChemKit
This package should work on other Linux distributions and versions of Windows, but is untested.
This package requires the following:
- Python >= 2.6 http://www.python.org/
Some features use the following:
- GraphViz http://www.graphviz.org/
Optionally, the following can be installed to improve performance:
The latest version of the source code is available from https://github.com/afaulconbridge/PyAChemKit
The source code additionally requires the following:
- Sphinx >= 1.0 http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
- Graphviz http://www.graphviz.org/
- Make http://www.gnu.org/software/make/
- LaTeX http://www.latex-project.org/
- PyLint >=0.13.0 http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint/
- Coverage http://nedbatchelder.com/code/coverage/
For a Debian-based Linux distrbution — e.g. Debian, Ubuntu — these can be installed / updated with:
(Note, LaTeX is not installed via this method because it is very large. Run sudo apt-get install texlive-full if you want to be able to compile the PDF documentation.)
There is a makefile that will run some useful tasks for you (generate documentation, test, benchmark). This can be accessed by running the following command:
This project is licensed under a modified-BSD license. See the fie COPYRIGHT for details.