Coherence - DLNA/UPnP framework for the digital living
Coherence is a framework written in Python, providing a variety of UPnP MediaServer and UPnP MediaRenderer implementations for instant use.
It includes an UPnP ControlPoint, which is accessible via D-Bus too.
Furthermore it enables your application to participate in digital living networks, at the moment primarily the DLNA/UPnP universe. Its objective and demand is to relieve your application from all the membership/the UPnP related tasks as much as possible.
New in this 0.6.6 - the Red-Nosed Reindeer - release
- new MediaServer backends that allow access to * Banshee - exports audio and video files from Banshees media db (http://banshee-project.org/) * FeedStore - a MediaServer serving generic RSS feeds * Playlist - exposes the list of video/audio streams from a m3u playlist (e.g. web TV listings published by french ISPs such as Free, SFR…) * YAMJ - serves the movie/TV series data files and metadata from a given YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox) library (http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/)
- updates on Mirabeau - our “UPnP over XMPP” bridge
- simplifications in the D-Bus API
- a first implementation of an JSON/REST API
- advancements of the GStreamer MediaRenderer, supporting now GStreamers playbin2
- upgrade of the DVB-Daemon MediaServer
- refinements in the transcoding section, having now the choice to use GStreamer pipelines or external processes like mencoder
- more ‘compatibility’ improvements for different devices (e.g. Samsung TVs or Apache Felix)
- and - as every time - the usual bugfixes and enhancements
Kudos go to:
- Benjamin (lightyear) Kampmann,
- Dominik (schrei5) Ruf,
- Frank (dev) Scholz,
- Friedrich (frinring) Kossebau,
- Jean-Michel (jmsizun) Sizun,
- Philippe (philn) Normand,
- Sebastian (sebp) Poelsterl,
- Zaheer (zaheerm) Merali