Unofficial Python API for retrieving data from Delicious.com
This module provides the following features plus some more:
- retrieving a URL’s full public bookmarking history including
- users who bookmarked the URL including tags used for such bookmarks and the creation time of the bookmark (up to YYYY-MM-DD granularity)
- top tags (up to a maximum of 10) including tag count
- title as stored on Delicious.com
- total number of bookmarks/users for this URL at Delicious.com
- retrieving a user’s full bookmark collection, including any private bookmarks if you know the corresponding password
- retrieving a user’s full public tagging vocabulary, i.e. tags and tag counts
- retrieving a user’s network information (network members and network fans)
- HTTP proxy support
- updated to support Delicious.com “version 2” (mini-relaunch as of August 2008)
The official Delicious.com API and the JSON/RSS feeds do not provide all the functionality mentioned above, and in such cases this module will query the Delicious.com website directly and extract the required information by parsing the HTML code of the resulting Web pages (a kind of poor man’s web mining). The module is able to detect IP throttling, which is employed by Delicious.com to temporarily block abusive HTTP request behavior, and will raise a custom Python error to indicate that. Please be a nice netizen and do not stress the Delicious.com service more than necessary.
The code is licensed to you under version 2 of the GNU General Public License.
More information about this module can be found at http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Del.icio.us_Python_API
Changelog is available at http://code.michael-noll.com/?p=deliciousapi;a=log
Copyright 2006-2010 Michael G. Noll <http://www.michael-noll.com/>
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size DeliciousAPI-1.6.7.tar.gz (20.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|