DirPyLint is a tool for analyzing directories based on criteria specified in the config.yaml file.
It is used from the command line with this syntax::
DirPyLint is achieved through the config.yaml file.
The file itself follows yaml standards, for more information on
yaml, visit 'the wikipedia page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML>'_.
* For any field, if you wish it to be blank, leave one entry with the
text of False*
* levels indicates the total amount of levels down that you want
DirPyLint to access.
* ignore_tree specifies any directories of sub-directories that you
wish to have it ignore completely. Any directories specified here
will have all of their sub-directories ignored as well.
* level<number> is the criteria for the level in question
* dirs indicates directory specifications
* files indicates file format specifications
* needs indicates what directories/files are necessary in the level
* optional indicates directories/files that are optional
* not indicates directories/files that should not be there
* ignore indicates level-specific directories/files to ignore. **NOTE**,
this does not ignore sub-directories/files as well. Use
ignore_tree for that.
* regex allows users to define a regular expression pattern to match
to their files/directories per level.
Example Config File::
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.