Tools for organizing and tagging photos
Renaming/Ordering/Modifying Photos using EXIF tool https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/. "exiftool.exe" has to be copied to "EXIFnaming/helpers/exiftool.exe".
Developed for Panasonic Lumix TZ101 but other models may also work. You are free to contact me for verifying the support of your Camera model.
in folders by date
move pictures acording to renaming pattern to subfolders.
for expample: all Braket series with 5 pictures to one folder
write a single csv with minimal information and
let write all tags, title, description and so on into the exif information.
And many more...
It is designed to be used via ipython. You do need at least basic knowlege about python. The different functions can either be used via the toplevel module or via the subscriptes.
- AbrivationforPlace can be choosen freely
- YearMonthDay format can be choosen
- Filenumber handled by rename method shows the number of the picture or the series
- SeriesType handled by rename method
- SeriesSubNumber handled by rename method shows the number of the picture within this series.
- Scene: mapping between Advaned Scene names and Abbreviations
- HDR-[HDR-Algorithm-Abr.]-[Tone Mapping-Preset-Abr.]
- HDR-[HDR-Algorithm-Abr.]-[Tone Mapping-Preset-Abr.]$[counter]
- "Colormix" Alorithm: HDR-C
- "Natural balanced" Tone Mapping: HDR-C-Nb
- secound version of HDR picture: HDR-C$2
- HDR picture consists only of the second to fifth picture of bracket series: HDR-C$[2-5]
- HDR picture consists of picture with counter 12,14 and 15: HDR-C$[12,14,15]
can be added to filename have to be seperated by "_"
Same as Filename used to retrive Filename if it was changed
Main Tags, but can be chosen differently
Contains main Description, Tags and Processing information.
Is Formated in a way that is nicely readable multiline and in plain view
Following Programms can read it: Flickr, FStop (Android), Google Fotos and maybe more
- User Comment: Same as Description. Windows can display it.
- Keywords/Subject: Both are used store Tags of the pictures. Following Programms can read it: Flickr, FStop (Android), Windows and maybe more
- Location: xpm LocationCreated is used
EXIFnaming folder structure
The program creates a folder ".EXIFnaming" in your photodirectory:
- gps: put here your gpx files for geotagging
- infos: information files writen by multilple functions
- log: logfiles
- saves: renaming writes saves to restore old names
- setexif: put here your csv files for tag writing
- Can be used basically with all camera models which are supported by https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
- To use specialties of renaming like Series type or Scene mode, there has to be an implemention of ModelBase for your Camera Model
- Contact me to improve the support of your Camera Model
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size EXIFnaming-0.0.10.tar.gz (33.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|