App to send mass in game messages for Erepublik
This application makes it possible to send mass in game messages for the online game Erepublik.
Windows installer is now available! It has everything you need to get going including python!
Windows installer here: http://ereptools.tk/uploads/ErepMessenger_install.exe
First you should have Python 2.7 installed. You can get it here
Just download the installer for your operating system.
After Python(and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X) is installed:
- Download the latest ErepMessenger-x.x.tar.gz file
- Extract all the files to anywhere you want with a file archive utility
- Open up a command prompt/terminal (Windows: Included is a file called install.bat you can skip steps 3 - 5 by double clicking this file)
- Windows: type in Command Prompt in the search box in the start menu then double click Command Prompt or Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
- Mac OS X: open Finder then go to Applications->Utilities and find the Terminal application
- Linux: press CTRL-ALT-T
- Change directory to the folder you extracted (this folder will contain a file named setup.py)
- cd "the path to the folder"
- example: cd C:/erepmessenger-0.9
- Run the setup.py script from the command prompt/terminal
- Windows: setup.py install if this does not work try python setup.py install
- Mac OS X and Linux: python setup.py install
- Now run the program!
- Windows: Just double click messenger.pyw in the erepmessenger folder
- Mac OS X and Linux: Open up the terminal to the path of messenger.pyw and enter python messenger.pyw
Using the Messenger
When you start up Erepublik Messenger you will see a simple GUI. There is a menubar at the top with the options to “Start” and “Exit” and below that that you will see seperate text boxes for ID lists, your message subject, your message body, and there is a “Send” button.
To begin using the program press “File->Start”. You will be prompted for your Erepublik login information.
Once you are logged into Erepublik you can now fill out the Messenger form. You may fill out the ID list with either line seperated or comma seperated lists. Then enter your subject and message. Keep in mind the message body is limited to 2000 characters! An error will appear if you try to send a message longer than 2000 characters.
Also if you do not want to fill in your login information each time you use the app you can edit the file config.cfg with a text editor. Don’t use anything like Word. Just use a basic text editor like notepad(Windows), gedit(Linux), or textedit(Mac OS X)..
Put [name] in the message body and the messenger will automatically replace it with the citizens name.
You may create a shortcut to messenger.pyw for easy access to the program.
Included is a messenger.ico file to set as the shortcut’s icon. To do this just right click the shortcut and select properties there you will see an option to change the icon.
Also if you need to be able to pin the short cut to the taskbar you will have to go to the shortcuts properties and edit the target of the shortcut to something like this:
You are just putting the path to pythonw.exe in front of the path to messenger.pyw separated by a single space.
To create a Launcher shortcut:
[Desktop Entry] Name=Erepublik Messenger Comment=Run Erepublik Messenger Exec=python /home/YOUR/PATH/TO/messenger.pyw Icon=/home/YOUR/PATH/TO/messenger.gif Path=/home/YOUR/PATH/TO/ Terminal=false Type=Application Categories=Utility;Application;
Paste that into a text editor and fill in your specific path to the files. Save as something like messenger.desktop. Make sure to make messenger.pyw and your messenger.desktop files executable.
Now you can drag the desktop file you just made to the launcher bar and are able to launch the messenger with one click!
Mac OS X Users
If any of these instructions are not correct please let me know how to fix it!
I have not done any testing on Mac OS X I obtained all this information from Google searches.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ErepMessenger-0.9.4.4.zip (25.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|