Mopidy extension for providing the browse feature
of Spotify. This lets you browse artists and albums
of your spotify user account library.
Uses the Spotipy API, which is a python wrapper arround
the spoitify web api.
- A Spotify Premium subscription. Mopidy-Spotify will not work with
Spotify Free, just Spotify Premium.
- A non-Facebook Spotify username and password.
- Mopidy >= 0.19.0. The music server that Mopidy-Spotify-Tunigo extends.
- Mopidy-Spotify >= 1.2.0. The Mopidy extension for playing music from
- Spotipy. A library for accessing the Spotify web-api.
- requests. HTTP for Humans.
install the package from PyPI:
pip install Mopidy-Spotify-Web
To run this extension you need to authorize it against you Spotify account, to do this visit
https://www.mopidy.com/authenticate/#spotify and follow the instructions.
client_id = ... client_id value you got from mopidy.com ...
client_secret = ... client_secret value you got from mopidy.com ...
The following configuration values are available:
- spotify_web/enabled: If the Spotify extension should be enabled or not.
Defaults to true.
- spotify_web/client_id: Your Spotify application client id. You must provide this.
- spotify_web/client_secret: Your Spotify application secret key. You must provide this.
- spotify_web/mopidy_token_url: url to the authorization endpoint
of the Mopidy OAuth bridge for Spotify. Defaults to https://auth.mopidy.com/spotify/token.
- spotify_web/use_mopidy_oauth_bridge: Use this flag to switch between the Mopidy OAuth bridge and spotify
authentication service. Defaults to true.
- spotify_web/refresh_token: Your Spotify refresh token. This only needs to be provided if you
do not want to use the Mopidy OAuth bridge.
- spotify_web/spotify_token_url: url to the authorization endpoint
of the Spotify Accounts service. Defaults to https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token.
- In order to use mopidy-spotify-web the plugin requires to authenticate using OAuth. The
easiest way is to use the OAuth bridge from Mopidy. This is configured as a default.
If you do not wish to use this service on mopidy.com you can authenticate with Spotify directly.
In order to do this you need to setup an application on https://developer.spotify.com/my-applications/
and then follow the tutorial on https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/tutorial/ to obtain a refresh_token.
The refresh token must then be configured in the Mopidy configuration file. Please make sure to include the
user-library-read scope when requesting the refresh token.
- Albums are now sorted by track number
- Use requests module for fetching tokens.
- Blocking initialization moved out of critical startup path.
- Various internal cleanups to make code more Pythonic.
- Switch to using Mopidy’s token swap service for simpler authentication.
- Sorted the albums and artists.
- Integrated Spotify browse feature.
- Added feature to browse all albums and top tracks of your artists.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.