Logging with OTR (Off-the-Record Messaging) and XMPP
This is a Python library for logging to XMPP destinations using OTR (Off-the-Record Messaging) encryption.
- Pure python (no libotr dependency)
- Log to multiple destinations
- Optionally check log destinations’ OTR fingerprints
$ sudo pip install --pre xmpppy # xmpppy is tagged as an "rc" version $ sudo pip install otrxmpplogger
from otrxmpplogger import OTRXMPPLogger import logging import time log = logging.getLogger() privkey = open('.otrprivkey', 'r').read() handler = OTRXMPPLogger( 'email@example.com/datadiode', 'supersecret', [ ( 'firstname.lastname@example.org', '33eb6b01c97ceba92bd6b5e3777189c43f8d6f03' ), 'email@example.com' ], privkey ) log.addHandler(handler) log.debug('setting up OTR') # Trigger OTR setup time.sleep(3) # Give OTR a little while to go active log.critical('@6 is a rat!')
- XMPP invitations are not handled
- It seems to take roughly 3 seconds to set up an OTR session. Messages logged before the session is ready may be lost.
If you found this software useful and would like to encourage its maintenance and further development, please consider making a donation to the Bitcoin address 13RrGMM1YUduzSrw5BhE7BXFGPtBDQYnpQ.
This is free and unencumbered public domain software. For more information, see http://unlicense.org/ or the accompanying UNLICENSE file.